Now I'm guessing they're PETG.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

That almost look like glass filled nylon or ABS. Someone posted this chart for me awhile back that was useful. You just have to have a sample you can burn.
    http://www.texloc.com/closet/cl_plasticsid.html
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

Glock bodies are a nylon base.
    Doesn't feel like glass impregnated nylon though, not "that" brittle.

Mag's might be HDPE, fairly soft.

Jack,
    We need to talk, mind if I PM?
    ULS M-300 30W, CorelDraw X4

I do knives for the tactical cops, but would have a problem with mags.. Our cops are not allowed to use their own guns, plus the ones they have, use 15 round mags.. If I were to laser them, they would have to be here with me, or I could be charged with having a prohib mag.. The Uzi mags I do, are already perm. pinned when I get them..
    It's to keep us safe ya know, if it only saves one life, it's all for the children.. etc..etc.. etc..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

For the magazines, depending on the depth you want. Deep I go 100% power 84% Speed. or 50% at 75%speed. It was trial and error to get the right depth. Some like the deeper engraving and others do not. On the slide I do direct laser no ceramark, I use a setting similar to anodized aluminum, This will take off the top tenifer coating material of the glock slide.
    Bill Richardson
    ULS V3.60 50w

What does the group suggest for lasering the Glock coating off slides, barrels, etc.? The coating doesn't seem to laser well and now need to colorize it. Thought it would laser to bare metal okay and so no tape to cover and then use something like hi-temp BBQ paint as the fill.

Thanks
    Terry L. Swift
    Universal M-300 / (upgraded) to 50 Watt
    CorelDraw X4 & X6 / Photograv / Photoshop CS, etc.
    Ricoh SG3110DN Dye Sub 8.5" x 14" Printer / Stahl Maxx 16" x 20" Heat Press

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Swift View Post
    What does the group suggest for lasering the Glock coating off slides, barrels, etc.? The coating doesn't seem to laser well and now need to colorize it. Thought it would laser to bare metal okay and so no tape to cover and then use something like hi-temp BBQ paint as the fill.

Thanks
    NOOOOO don't hurt the tennifer!
    One purchase helps keep HF in business, the other helps keep LV in business.
    Those two outcomes have different values for me. - Chuck Nickerson

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
    hoplophobes.
    I had to look that one up - I and my old LEO buddies are still laughing - thanks Bill :-)
    Life and death don't bother me. It's that little period of time in between that bothers me.

Epilog Mini-24 40w with Rotary, Flame Polisher, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, EngraveSoft, Windows 10 64-bit.

So I have a dumb question. I've approached a number of Leo types... And each place I've offered to engrave (cuffs, magazines,etc) I'm basically shown the hand scrawled metal etching result... Along with the statement "that works good enough, why pay more for the same thing." Clearly neatness doesn't count. How are you guys getting past that? I tried to do a freebie just to get in the door... But even that was brushed off. I'm friendly with a couple of the guys... But getting no where.