Thread: New to the site.

New to the site.

I found this site a few days ago, while looking for Workbench ideas. Been carving for about 6 years now, Mostly Tiki/Polynesian type art. I really like New Zeland/Maori art. I have also carved some signage and other stuff.

Samples

Maori Panel 20" x 30"

Carved a lot of So Pacific weapons (Clubs) These are door pulls for the Trader Vics restaurant in Los Angeles. 12" x 36"

Austral Island paddle. 50" x 15"

Another Maori Piece. 18" x 10"

Cula Cula club from Fiji 13" x 36"

And many more, need to find the pics though?

Hope you guys enjoy other peoples work as much as I enjoy looking at yours.

Welcome. I love the art carving. You will find that people on this site are friendly and willing to share info.

hello andy welcome to the site. you have some very nice carvings, i like looking new zealand style carvings, and yours are no exception. they speak of tons of patience you have, to cut all the many repeating patterns. this is to me very difficult, as a small glitch shows up so quickly in regular patterns. yours are wonderful. thank you for sharing.

very nice!!

Awesome

Wow.

You are incredibly talented.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

Andy-

1) Beautiful work! I love the Polynesian styles. (See #2.)

2) Are you by any chance in the L.A. area? I arrange speakers for the San Fernando Valley Woodworkers, and would like to schedule someone with your talents.
    AKA - "The human termite"