Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Craftsman Tool Return Question

Quote Originally Posted by "Gary Smith" View Post
    ........all I wanted was to get a saw blade for the saw!!! ............If you had bought the saw new you would have expected it to last more than 10 years..........

Ummmm....welllllll......yeah, you wanted the blade, but you also wanted them to compensate you for buying a 10-year-old used saw that came without a blade, and after the fact you learned the blade was out of production - I gotta admire the chutzpa . I would certainly expect the saw to last 10 years (my identical saw is 12 yrs old). I would not expect any type of saw blade to last ten years (at least, not at my spot on the time-space continuum).

I'd love to read their internal explanatory notes that accompanied the gift card authorization.

Glad it all worked out to your satisfaction. Good for you and good for Sears!!! Reminds me of the Nordstrom's customer service story - a gentleman brought in a set of snow tires that he had a problem with, that he had bought from the previous occupant of that building. They gave him a full refund.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Sears is going the way of the passenger pigeon. It will be gone by next Christmas. You bought a worn out tool and want Sears to make it good. Talk to the guy that sold it do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Breckenridge View Post
    Sears is going the way of the passenger pigeon. It will be gone by next Christmas. You bought a worn out tool and want Sears to make it good. Talk to the guy that sold it do you.
    Curious if you noticed that this thread is almost 8 years old?