Thread: McNabb is going to DC

McNabb is going to DC

Can't believe he is going to DC but the change needed to happen. Wish we got a little more for him but Philly will move on and the talk shows will be buzzing...

Interesting. Every season, I TRY to be a Skins fan, and find it harder and harder. I'm ready for some new stuff this year.

Whom will he throw to? Himself?

When espn interrupted the yanks-sox game with that I about spit diet coke all over the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach England View Post
    Whom will he throw to? Himself?

When espn interrupted the yanks-sox game with that I about spit diet coke all over the screen.
    T. O.
    They got him , too....

Quote Originally Posted by jerry nazard View Post
    T. O.
    They got him , too....

HAHAHA I had forgotten about that.

This must be that sport that is used to fill the time between hockey games. I hear it is popular.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Yeah, when I heard that a bit ago, I scratched my head a little. Sounds like they wanted to get rid of him, no matter what. Must have had a best offer sign hanging around his neck and they got low balled. Oh well, maybe the NFL needed someone talking about them. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I don't understand why Philly would have been so determined to get ride of McNabb. He has taken the team from the depths of the east to a team to beat every year. And then you trade him to a division rival? That seems really odd. And to top it off for a measly 2nd and a year later 3rd round pick. After early in the off season hearing, "Donovan will be with our team next season," from the Eagles front office. I predict he will be in a purple uniform next season though. After we have another go at it with the ageless one Mr. Favre.

As a Raider fan, I'm just glad they didn't try to force him to come to Oakland. That would have been a mess.

The Eagles REALLY like Kevin Kolb. Hope he continues to play well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ryan View Post
    I don't understand why Philly would have been so determined to get ride of McNabb. He has taken the team from the depths of the east to a team to beat every year. And then you trade him to a division rival? That seems really odd. And to top it off for a measly 2nd and a year later 3rd round pick. After early in the off season hearing, "Donovan will be with our team next season," from the Eagles front office. I predict he will be in a purple uniform next season though. After we have another go at it with the ageless one Mr. Favre.
    easy answer: Last year of his contract, would require too much to resign next year, so, trade now while you can still get something for him cause if you wait until he's a free agent your compensation is way less. Plus they are pretty high on Cobb.
    Your prediction seems logical, but I don't know what his Redskins contract is. Many Eagle fans' take on McNabb is he's good enough to get you there but not good enough to win it. Of course we (Viking fans) had that last year too. Still I hope #4 comes back again. I would rather the Vikes get a premier Qb in the draft, but that's unlikely given their winning percentages lately.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry nazard View Post
    T. O.
    They got him , too....
    Good riddance, So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu, amf. No matter how you say it most Eagle fans are glad to see him go. Him and TO were meant for each other.

If you think the media are buzzing about this

check out the Eagles web site. They have a discussion section that will make you appreciate the civil atmosphere of the creek

Last edited by Curt Harms; 04-06-2010 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ryan View Post
    mcnabb was the lowest paid long term starting QB in the NFL.

the eagles ownership doesn't believe in paying for players.

everything rick said is pretty much accurate.

I saw an article on Google news discussing the trade in terms of some kind of mathematical modeling. Their conclusion was that Philly didn't drop off all that much with their number two guy at the helm and the Redskins improved quite a bit.