I had tried two of my older HP Jetdirect print servers on my GCC Laser Pro L25 with no success. The job would send, succeed and be removed but the laser would never see anything.

I went out and picked up a newer wifi print server today and immediately had the same results which got me frustrated. Being the fixated nerd that I am, I kept messing with things on both sides to see if I could find a different result.

Finally, at a point just before giving up and taking this thing back to the store, I found a tiny port setting on the print server for speed and PJL. Modifying both of these allows the jobs to process successfully.

So the problem was not ever in the pc driver or the network, but it was simply between the print server and the laser machine. Now that I have this information, I am going to look back and see if I can enable PJL on my older print servers. And funny enough, PJL is an HP invention.

So I am here to say that I had success in networking my old laser table using a Trendnet TEW-P1PG Wifi Print Server. This model also has an ethernet port to ease configuration and to also use over the wifi if desired.