Thread: Delta 36-L352 ?

Delta 36-L352 ?

Been giving a new tablesaw some thought, big step for me so I'm going pretty slow, but I've been reading a lot on the newer Delta 36-L352 saw and it seems to get both good reviews and have all the features that I want.

Anybody have a chance to play or own one of these saws yet and what'd you think?

Weekend warrior here who will continue wood working after retirement in a couple years, more for enjoyment than money, but a better saw than the Delta Hybrid I have now would be nice.

Not sure if I need 3 grand worth of nice though...

tia

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Al, I haven't seen one in person but from everything that I've read about it, it sure sounds nice. A friend of mine is getting one this summer, I'll get a chance to play with it then.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I have the 36" version and couldn't be more pleased with the saw. The fit and finish are superb! The saw blade is with in .003 of the miter slot with no adjustment on my part.

The only thing I am a little disappointed in is the dust collection. Seems as the powder coating inside the saw precludes the dust and some of the chips from flowing to the dust chute. No biggy but I'm pretty anal about shop cleanliness, got to keep the wife happy, as my shop is in the basement.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Thanks guys, wondering if a coating of Johnson floor wax might make the dust flow a bit easier?

I'm getting by with the Delta Hybrid saw, but find it doesn't really like thicker pieces of hardwood like white oak, and I work with w oak a lot.

3k is a bit more than I had planned on spending, but the saw seems to have everything I could want in a saw.

Selling the Hybrid would defray some of the cost so it might just be the way to go.

I'll have to try and find one to actually look at, but it does look the saw for me..

Once again, thanks.

Al...who now has to convice the wife it's the saw for me...
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

I have been using one for about a year. I could not be happier. You do need a good dust collector to use with it. I did caulk the space between the cabinet & bottom before I ever used the saw. The tool free riving knife is great. This is the first saw I ever used with a riving knife & I would not want to be without it now. The new design Biesemeyer fence is also very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Willits View Post

3k is a bit more than I had planned on spending, but the saw seems to have everything I could want in a saw.

You may want to give serious consideration to the PM2000, it is just as good of a saw in most ways and has some positives over the new Uni one being DC which is second only to the SS. The big issue is WMH doesn't price control like Delta does with the Uni so you can get it $500 cheaper and I got one in January with a Baldor motor for about $1000 less than the Uni. I might consider buying the Uni if they were priced the same but a PM2000 is also a lifetime saw with a lot of neat features and for HUNDREDS less than the Uni it is a much better buy.

+1 what Jim said. I have the old hybrid and also the new Uni 52". I have had no problems at all with this machine except I wish the dust collection was a little better. It rock solid and the one piece trunnion is super smooth. It is definitely leaps and bounds better than the hybrid.