Thread: Resaw question.

Resaw question.

I have a bunch of red oak in 3x5x40 inch chunks. I have access to a 14 inch band saw at work. What blade would you recommend for resaw? Should I go for a hook and skip type blade? 1/2 inch or 3/4?

I would use a 3/8" or 1/2" max blade in the 3 tooth per inch range, hook profile.

Most small band saws aren't very good at tensioning wider blades.

Buy a blade from a saw shop, they'll cut and weld the blade, and will have a good assortment of profiles and pitch selections, as well as better quality and lower prices than retail stores.

Regards, Rod.

A half inch variable pitch (3-4 TPI) woodslicer blade is a really nice blade to use, and easy to tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah Bartlett View Post
    A half inch variable pitch (3-4 TPI) woodslicer blade is a really nice blade to use, and easy to tension.
    This is a winner. Works very well on my old Delta 14" with minimal set up and fuss.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah Bartlett View Post

I am a fan of the Highland Woodslicer but I have recently been turned on to the Kerfmaster and like it just as much and it costs less:

http://www.spectrumsupply.com/kerfmaster-2.aspx