Well, as my Tele binge comes to a close...finishing up the last 3 of 7... I'm moving on to other builds. The Wolfgang is similar to a Tele but has a carved top, slightly angled neck, spoke nut trussrod and dropped head stock. Some new challenges for me.

I'm going to follow the factory formula of basswood and maple. I scored some huge chunks of seasoned basswood. This one is 20" x 7" x 3". I have two others the same width and thickness but 24" long. I may throw a basswood Strat into the mix at some point. The maple for the top is not quite wide enough for the body...it's odd lower bout makes it over 13" wide. It's also not long enogh for a third piece that's full body length, but I could rip the remaining bit and glue it up in the center in 2 pieces with a gap where one of the humbuckers will be. And add a thin strip of quarter sawn flame maple as dividers.

I was also thinking about laminating in a wider piece of the quarter sawn flame maple flanked with a strip of walnut either side...may just go with the 2 types of maple.

I could also resaw and bookmatch the quilted maple but this would mean a milder carve as the top would only be 3/8" instead of 1/2".
And so it begins...I hope to start cutting this weekend.

Pictured are the basswood mentioned above, AAA quilted maple for the top and a nicely flamed billet for the neck and fretboard. I'll take the fretboard and laminate strip(s) from the flamey edge on top in the pic.