Thread: 6" sewer pipe for dist collection

6" sewer pipe for dist collection

I have just installed a cyclone collector in my shop and am using 6" plastic
    sewer pipe exhausted outside. I have a piece of 6" flex pipe going into the shop through the wall. My problem is that i am having a hard time finding
    6" sewer pipe to run in the shop. My question is can i use 4" pipe from the
    6" pipe to run in my shop. Will it cause too much loss of suction and make
    the motor run hot? I have a2hp motor and blower mounted on the cyclone.
    By the way the cyclone is outside the shop. The 6" sewer pipe is rather
    costly and i am looking for an alternative. Byron

Byron, I got mine in down town Ft. Worth. I'm looking for their website for you. Here: http://www.morsco.com Click on the locations tab, and then restrict to Texas.
    Horizon also has it. http://www.horizononline.com/ They are north of 820 just west of I-35.

The first 2 pieces of pipe I got at Morrison (Morsco) and paid 1.86/ft. The last 3 they remembered me and gave me a price of 1.11/ft. (The guy remembered me finding the pipe in their yard as they don't know what S&D 2729 is, and remembered my stereo with the dual 15" woofers! ) I think I paid about 20.00 at Horizon. Horizon does have some fittings, Morrison says they have none. But then they didn't have the pipe until I showed it to them in their lot either. If I need pipe again, I'll go back to Morrison first. The people at Horizon quoted me one price on the phone, but then didn't want to sell it for that when I got there. Ask Morrison for thin wall gravity fed non pressurized pipe when you call them. They'll know what that is. And tell them they guy with the big stereo in the stretched van told you to call. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll send you my phone number. You're welcome to come see my system if you'd like. I will be gone all day tomorrow, but back tomorrow evening. I'm just west of 820 on I-30. Jim.

edit...the 4" won't hurt your motor or make it run hotter, but you will lose some CFM as the 4" pipe is limited to what it can do. I also exhaust outside.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 03-26-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.