Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 3.6.2 !!!!

Firefox 3.6.2 !!!!

<rant>

The other day I tried to use my Paypal plugin and it wouldn't work. So I went to another computer, same thing. Then I noticed my GotoMeeting won't work on my work laptop. It keeps saying I need to download the software, I do, install, and nothing. Then it keeps downloading a Java add-on update every time I start it, which requires a restart, which says its disabling Java, which requires a restart, which downloads a Java add-on update....

Finally I did a little looking on the Paypal plugin and find all sorts of complaints about the same problem. Downloaded and installed 3.5.8 and everything's fine.

Plus on more than one computer I find that Firefox seems to crash more and more often.

I can't believe it, but I'm seriously considering switching back to IE!

</rant>

Matt, I'm running 3.6.2 and I'm not having any problems with PayPal.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I'm also running 3.6.?
    It doesn't want to close at times.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I'm running the latest update ... 3.6.2 and haven't experienced any problems - but I do not have a pay-pal plug-in.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Friends don't let friends use IE.

Try using a new profile.
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Sorry mine works fine. In fact it seem rock solid.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

My 3.6.2 update keeps failing, then it auto downloads a "full install", and then the new install fails too! Something is really wrong with this update.

3.6.2 runs fine in NJ. Maybe you got sunspots in MI.

...just a guess....
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

I went to install 3.6.x and it warns me that my IE tab plug-in does not work with 3.6.x. I begrudgingly use IE tab from time to time because some websites (mostly work related) don't work with Firefox. Maybe your PayPal plugin suffers the same issue. I've heard too many problems with 3.6.x. I'm staying at 3.5.x until the general consensus improves on 3.6.

I would stick with 3.5.8 or give Opera a try before I moved to IE.
    A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Matt, I'm running 3.6.2 and I'm not having any problems with PayPal.
    Paypal, or the Paypal Plug-in? I use the latter to make purchase on the web with a 1-time use Mastercard number, plus I like the form-filler. Regular Paypal worked but you can't generate the Mastercard number there. I used IE successfully a couple times.

It has worked relatively well as long as I don't want to use any add-ons. The GotoMeeting issue was a major problem. BTW, this is on 3 computers, 1 XP, 1 Vista, 1 Windows 7. The XP has different virus software than the other two. Its definitely a Firefox issue.
    Last edited by Matt Meiser; 03-26-2010 at 9:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Franks View Post

I would stick with 3.5.8 or give Opera a try before I moved to IE.
    I think I would go to lynx (a text only browser) before i would go back to IE.

Paul

I tried Firefox for a few months and had problems closing the program as well as using the opened Firefox after I switched to IE for something that required IE to function. I put up with the problem for a while then dumped Firefox and returned exclusively to IE. I searched on line for a fix but found that quite a few other people had the same problem.
    David B

"Friends don't let friends use IE"

I thought that was 'friends don't *make* friends use Paypal'?

Firefox is standards compliant. IE is not. There is a plugin that make firefox stop being standards compliant so it is more like IE. Then those pages that only look right in ie will render "properly."
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Plus on more than one computer I find that Firefox seems to crash more and more often.

I can't believe it, but I'm seriously considering switching back to IE!
    Try Opera. I have to use different browsers on my machine for testing code and Opera just always seems to work. Many of my switches and servers I administer have java interfaces. Firefox sucks with java. Well, java sucks all by itself but Opera seems to handle it better than the others. (I actually have a big no java! sign over my desk at work, the red circle with the line through it )