Thread: (Corel X5) - try this and let me know if it works for your engraver

(Corel X5) - try this and let me know if it works for your engraver

We did a new feature in X5 that's not in the manual, guidebook....nowhere....and I'm going to tell you fine folks about it first. Depending on the printer or engraver it may work or it may not. Let's find out together if it works for your engraver.

We implemented the ability for CorelDRAW to tell the printer what the paper size should be that the item is going to be printed (engraved) on. This is mostly applicable to engravers and large media printers.

Go to tools>options>Global>printing>driver compatibility
    Select your printer from the dropdown list at the top and then check the box called [ ] Printer can match document page size. Click ok and restart draw.

Create a new document with a page size of 5x5", double click the rectangle tool to add a page frame, and the go to file>Print and select your engraver.

What size is the size of the material that it says it's going to engrave on?

Sound off with type of engraver and the driver version pls.

T.

Mine didn't change.

Laser Pro Spirit
    DV 3.65-03

I am due for a driver update
    Last edited by Scott Challoner; 03-26-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Added more info
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

You got my hopes up on this one Tony...

but...

mine didn't change..

Epilog Legend 36EXT 75w
    Epilog Win32 Driver Vers: 8.01
    David
    Epilog Legend 24TT 40w and Epilog Legend 36EXT 75w Lasers, ShopBot PRT4848 CNC Router, Roland SP300V Wide Format Printer/Cutter, BabyLoc 6-needle Embroidery Machine, Mini Lathe and Mini Mill, DeWalt DW737 Planer, Joiner, CorelDRAW X4 & X5, CorelDRAWings X4 , PhotoGrav, VCarvePro v4.6, Cut3D, Rhino v3.0, Aspire v3, ZBrush 3.

Didn't work on mine either.

Pinnacle (Explorer) ZX, driver version 3.58

I missed a step..

In the print dialog there is a dropdown beside the label called "Page"...that dropdown will have 3 settings, Match orientation and size should be selected.

Let me know which engravers you guys are using and the print driver version pls.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Severenuk (Corel) View Post
    In the print dialog there is a dropdown beside the label called "Page"...that dropdown will have 3 settings, Match orientation and size should be selected.

Let me know which engravers you guys are using and the print driver version pls.

T.
    Nope...that didn't work either
    David
    Epilog Legend 24TT 40w and Epilog Legend 36EXT 75w Lasers, ShopBot PRT4848 CNC Router, Roland SP300V Wide Format Printer/Cutter, BabyLoc 6-needle Embroidery Machine, Mini Lathe and Mini Mill, DeWalt DW737 Planer, Joiner, CorelDRAW X4 & X5, CorelDRAWings X4 , PhotoGrav, VCarvePro v4.6, Cut3D, Rhino v3.0, Aspire v3, ZBrush 3.

Didn't work for me either and I upgraded to 366-02 driver.
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

Still didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Still didn't work
    Tony,

A few of the laser manufacturers (e.g. Epilog) have the printer drivers free for downloading, if you wanted to integrate the testing of this feature with the QA team. It could be the printer drivers are ignoring the options presented from the host software, too, which is fun.

_A_
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

New X5 feature

Tony,

We've done some testing here at the factory and are pleased to report that we're *almost* there. It works for 2 out of 3 page layout configurations

Testing was completed on the latest Epilog DashBoard V 8.05 (Mini, Helix, Legend EXT) and have the following notes to share:

• If the Corel page is set as a square (regardless of size), the new feature works great. No need to change the piece size in the printer properties page to match your Corel page. Artwork lines up in the preview and prints as it should.
    • If the Corel page is set to a portrait rectangle, it works.
    • If the Corel page is set to a landscape rectange, the print preview is rotated and artwork doesn't appear where it should. If you try printing in this configuration, our machine doesn't react as it doesn't see anything to engrave.
    • In all cases, Corel won't copy/load the new page size into your printer properties (not expecting it to but just an FYI)
    Instructions were followed per Tony's posting and should be straight forward. I don't believe this new feature only applies to the most current/updated driver V8.05 but haven't had a chance to test older versions.

This is a very nice feature as I often find myself canceling out of the print properties page to double-check my page size to make sure it matches.

Tony, we'd be happy to help determine why the landscape orientation doesn't work properly. Feel free to shoot me a PM or email if there's any additional testing we can do from a manufacturer standpoint. Also as Aaron has indicated, our drivers are availabe for all to download, view, test. http://www.epiloglaser.com/downloads.htm
    Peck Sidara
    Epilog Laser
    888.437.4564 ext. 236

Peck:
    Good info..I'll pass this along to our QA guys and move it forward.
    T.

Where else but Sawmill Creek are there Manufactures and Software developers working together to make our life easier

Ya gotta love it!!!!

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

You said it, Marty, but then again, Peck and Tony have proven themselves to go above and beyond anything I normally see from "corporate". Thanks guys, your efforts are very much appreciated!

dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Internet good
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290