Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need to upgrade my TS fence system...

Blog Entries
    In response to some of your later posts:

1. I have put a rare earth magnet on my T2 because the handle drops and I run into it. Seems to work OK.

2. I was upgrading a direct drive C-man TS when I bought my T2. I had also purchased an Incra miter. Then the motor burned up. No replacement from Sears available and repair was mucho $$$. Lesson learned from that one: check all the warning signs (even though they may be hidden) on your saw. Seems I had a position sensitive swithch with the warning label on the bottom.

3. When mine burned up I bought a G0661 and couldn't be happier.

Jim,

Thanx for the tips. I am unclear on what you mean by the 'position sensitive switch'. What was it that caused your motor to burn up?

Thanx,

shotgunn

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    In response to some of your later posts:

1. I have put a rare earth magnet on my T2 because the handle drops and I run into it. Seems to work OK.

2. I was upgrading a direct drive C-man TS when I bought my T2. I had also purchased an Incra miter. Then the motor burned up. No replacement from Sears available and repair was mucho $$$. Lesson learned from that one: check all the warning signs (even though they may be hidden) on your saw. Seems I had a position sensitive swithch with the warning label on the bottom.

3. When mine burned up I bought a G0661 and couldn't be happier.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dunn View Post
    Jim,

Thanx for the tips. I am unclear on what you mean by the 'position sensitive switch'. What was it that caused your motor to burn up?

Thanx,

shotgunn
    Exactly. It's been a while but in a nutshell, there was no starter capacitor but a gravity/spring relay that provided surge current to start the motor.(Full technical explanation is more complex, but chaninging the position killed my saw) When I moved it from vertical to horizontal to accomodate the new fence, the surge current never turned off and burned up the winidings. The warning label which I found later was on the bottom of the switch.

Blog Entries
    It took a while but here is the link to the post about my motor burning up. More detail and a lot of good input from knowledgeable Creekers. There are other threads about my refurb if you care to search.
    Wrong diagnosis and dumb move by me

I am nearing completion of my new table saw/ routing center. I am wondering how big of a pain it would be for me to shift my new Delta T2 fence over to the right to give me a greater rip capacity.

Should I peel off the adhesive tape measure and apply my own? As far as I can remember I do not think that I have ever put my fence to the left of the blade.

What are some uses of putting the fence on the left side? I would like to consider doing this, but I need to know what I may be missing.

As always, any tips are more than appreciated.

Thanx,

shotgunn