Thread: Monogram Wood Plugs

Monogram Wood Plugs

I made what I thought would be good Golf Markers, but my wife came along and said "Oh honey, you made wood plugs." So I guess they are wood plugs now.

Has any finishing material like this ever been used or considered?

They are lasered using the epilog 3D settings.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 03-20-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Used for what? They look to thick for ball markers.

You could use them to fill screw holes and fill them with epoxy; then top coat.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 03-20-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Link removed to sale item
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

Plugs

I looked at other ball markers on Etsy and they were pretty much all metal stamped. So I decided to be different, besides the wood came from closet door slats. It was also a learning experience to use the 3D print driver settings, and different shades of gray to create a contour.

Aren't wood plugs what are used to fill screw holes? Or is there another 'term' for those little wooden plugs.

Zach

Yea, plugs is what I call 'em.
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.