Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gloat - Not For The Faint of Heart

Being involved in customer service I can tell you a manager feels like helping a customer out that is truthful and honest. It is refreshing to get the honest truth once in a blue moon. I bet 99% of others (not creekers) in this mess would have called and said it was damaged in shipping. Honesty is the best policy.

Shiraz - What can I say, I'm speechless. You are a class act.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Obligatory flame for not securing your load.

I'd have though a big BS was a better choice for taking down trees, but what do I know? Your sense of humor about the whole thing is great. Chin up and carry on takes a lot of strength. Shiraz's response if first rate too. Enjoy that saw when you get it together, and no more TS bowling sir, its just not safe.

James, you have taught us all a lesson, not exactly in drivers ed or tool transportation, but in taking life in stride. We can all get so worked up over the smallest things, but you had one heck of a bad day and yet took it all so well and then you shared it with us. Shiraz meanwhile has taught us a lesson in taking care of customers. I promise, I am in the market for a bandsaw in the next year and it will be a Grizzly. This thread and the whole story made the decision easy.

I have to say this reminds me of a guy on another Forum that dropped his Rikon BS day after Christmas. He seemed to take it in stride, I sent an email to Rikon and they got in touch with him the next day. Seems a few companies value their customers. Too bad the people that built my washing machine don't

James, thanks for sharing this story and like others have mentioned and know, Shiraz reads SMC and comments when appropriate.

Posts like this demonstrate why Grizzly is so successful.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

It could be worse. I dropped a 1915 Crescent 32" bandsaw while unloading it. Broke the top wheel. It took about 6 years to find another wheel. That saw survived unscathed for 80+ years until I got it.
    Ross

Wrong part!

I'm sure you would have had more luck getting that tree down, had you at least aimed the RIGHT PART of the saw at it. Pretty sure the blade is the most useful part for that kind of operation.

But, what I do I know? You could start a whole new generation of lumberjacks out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia View Post
    James - sorry to hear of your accident.

I have seen and heard of a lot of customer damages on machines over the years, but it is still gut-wrenching to me to see a new machine damaged so close to home.

We will be doing the following:

1) Find you the parts you need right away.
    2) Not charge you for the parts.

Once you have fixed the issues and tuned out the saw, you should enjoy it for many years to come. Your positive attitude is something to behold!

I am sure glad to see Mr Shiraz post because I know you guys would think I was a liar as well as a lousy tool transporter. I just came on line a few minutes ago to tell everyone about what Grizzly is doing but but Shiraz says it much better then I could

There is NO WAY any other company can beat customer service like that.

THANK YOU MR. SHIRAZ BALOLIA!!

And thanks to everyone for your encouragement.

PS
    I spent the day in the shop straitening out the few dents in the cabinet and sanding some of the scratches (I am apparently getting touch-up paint too) so that everything will be ready when the new parts arrive.

Here are some photos of the cabinet after repairs but no paint yet.

I checked the top with a straight edge across the diagonals and it seems to still be nice a flat so I used it to check the four corners of the cabinet to make sure it wasn't twisted or something worse. The top rocked across two corners about a 32nd. That can be corrected with a shim so as soon as the parts arrive I am ready to reassemble. The last photo is a repeat of the a before photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"The best things in life are not things."

Wow hey, funny story Shiraz - I was on my way home today, and my brand new G0690 fell out of my truck... oh, and on the way out it banged up the G0449 and G0706 I had back there pretty bad too....

In all seriousness though, this is an unbelievable display of generosity from a man/company that are already well known for taking care of their customers. Its one thing to read positive reviews on a company's product and customer service, but its actually amazing to see the president of a company getting personally involved to solve a problem that he has absolutely no obligation to fix.
    As has been said above, things like this make me proud to have a garage full of Grizzly green.
    Proud to Hate Michigan Athletics Since 1981

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What Shiraz has done here makes me happy to say that I have ordered a Grizzly table saw that is to be delivered in May. I've always received good customer service from Grizzly, but I'll have to say that this goes above and beyond. I mean it's not like you dropped a carton of eggs before you got out of the grocery store. What a deal, and VERY WELL DONE MR. BALOLIA!!!

Congrats James and good luck fitting all the pieces together.

I have the 690 and my heart goes out to you. As it is, I am grieving just looking at your misfortune. Maintaining your good attitude says something about you. If it had happened to me, I would had gone home, gotten sick drunk and it would have been days before I could have even looked at the parts, let alone recover from my stupor.

Shiraz, I really like the Grizzly tools I have. They stand on their own merit, due to their quality, features, and dare I say, style. I feel even better about owning them knowing what a great company you have and a compassionate person you are. Thanks for stepping up to help this guy.

Thumbs up

Good to know that it worked out in the end.

Jerry

James, what can I say... you are unbelievably positive and karma worked for you. Kudos.

Shiraz, you are a generous soul. Thanks for being there.

James, there was a thread a couple of months ago about an 17 minute gloat (or something like that) that centered around a Creeker getting a great deal on a BS, but 17 minutes into his trip home, he lost the BS around a turn... right onto the asphalt.

I sold a guy my 7" HF jointer and he made it about 25 minutes from my house before it exited his pick up... right onto the asphalt.

So, don't feel like you are the only one who has done it. Not that I need to be telling you to keep your chin up or anything... you seem to be doing that all on your own. Just know that you aren't alone.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Yeah, my gloat title could have been similar. "4 Minute Gloat". I was only about 3 miles away from the receiving dock, two miles to go to the house/shop. Oh well, I thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ as well as Shiraz. You can't bet Shiraz's style of Customer Service. I also continue to thank all the Creekers here who have chimed in with much need moral support.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    James, what can I say... you are unbelievably positive and karma worked for you. Kudos.

Shiraz, you are a generous soul. Thanks for being there.

James, there was a thread a couple of months ago about an 17 minute gloat (or something like that) that centered around a Creeker getting a great deal on a BS, but 17 minutes into his trip home, he lost the BS around a turn... right onto the asphalt.

I sold a guy my 7" HF jointer and he made it about 25 minutes from my house before it exited his pick up... right onto the asphalt.

So, don't feel like you are the only one who has done it. Not that I need to be telling you to keep your chin up or anything... you seem to be doing that all on your own. Just know that you aren't alone.

"The best things in life are not things."