Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More pictures of my gold mine!

More pictures of my gold mine!

Here are more pictures of some of the stuff laying around just waiting to get turned into something wonderful!

Pic#1-180 yr old white ash bottom trunk piece 33" dia
    Pic#2-My cousin (He is 6'4") with big maple piece
    Pic#3-Big Red oak chunk
    Pic#4-12' long hard maple log (has hollow in half)
    Pic#5-Hard maple along the fence line that has a ton of limbs all coming from one big blob! I have dreams about this one, but it will live on for a long time to come! Pray for a tornado!

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Aaaaahhhhh!! More wood!!! Sounds like you are feeling better and getting around - that is a good thing!

That oak will outlive you, Jeff. I would quit dreaming about that one.

Looks great Jeff! Should keep you busy for a while!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Nice! I may have dreams about that frankenmaple too.

Wish I had that kind of variety available to me here. mainly smaller pin oak, white pine. The last decent sized maple ended up turned into 150 bd ft of quilted 4/4 Before I discovered turning.
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

Great score!! Also looks like a beautiful day to harvest some wood.

Raised in the US (elementary in Lawrence, graduated in Boulder). Now in Israel.
    All looks delicious indeed. Since my eucalyptus escapade, large logs also represent back aches. Watch that spine - we have only one!

Man I am

Lots of stuff for the tractors

The good thing about all this is I can get to it anytime I want and with 3 tractors at my beckon call, My back and me will be letting the brain do all the work! I always try to protect the back but sometimes just walking makes mine go a little haywire, like today!

I need to get some of it on the Woodmizer and see what is in it. The loggers will be back to fix the logging roads when it drys up some and they said they could bring some of the bigger pieces up to the field for me to work on, so that will be nice too. There is a Black ash tree down in the valley by the creek that is "HUGE" it was marked to be taken down but it has so many bumps and knobs and twists in it that they just left it. It has to be over 40" at the base. We plan on taking it down this spring as it is almost dead. It has a huge rotten section on one side and could blow over now that a lot of the trees around it are gone. It should have some fantastic wood in it too! More work or is it play?

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

I can see you don't have a shortage of wood to choose from! Great stuff!

Congrats Jeff. That ought to keep you off the streets a day or two.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

It's official... I have wood envy. This part of Oklahoma has very few trees that size. Lots and lots of cedar, but the weather doesn't seem to be too good for growing anything else. Congrats on the personal paradise!

o man, picture 5 really gets me going.

Sweet wood gloat Jeff....
    Congrats on stock for a BUNCH of bowls!

I'm apt to be dreaming for the next several nights also. You won't be getting in trouble for a while.

Jeff,
    Glad to see you making use of some of that wood that will only go to waste. Although rotting back into the ground as nourishment for more trees isn't necessarily waste I suppose. I see woods that have been logged just like that all the time around here and wish I had more time to take advantage of them. Nice to see that you are.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem