Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three new bowls

Three new bowls

Hi- Here are three recent bowls. Pecan, Cherry and Big Leaf Maple Burl. The Pecan is going to Japan as a gift to my Nephew's future Mother in Law ( he is a Marine stationed in Japan ). The cherry bowl is Ornamental Cherry wood from a tree cut down in my Sister's yard. The Big Leaf Maple Burl is my first attempt at highly figured wood. C and C welcome. Thanks for looking.

Bill

2. All three are pretty awesome with the maple being my preference. Dont care for the feet on them, would rather them turned away. Thats just my preference. That maple really is super though. I have yet to turn figured wood yet, it would only be a waste!! Nice job!

Bill those are beauties. I really like that maple. Really got a lot going on.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

very nice bowls

Great bowls and really nice pics. That burl is beautiful!

Bill,
    If your nephews future MIL is Japanese you could not have picked a better gift.
    I love the Cherry but could stare for hours at the maple bowl as it has a million images in it. great job

Super work, Bill!! I love the form on all of them, and that maple burl is flat out gorgeous!! Nice photography, too.

What are the dimensions??

nice! i like that maple one the best too

Nice set of bowls.

Great bowls especially the burl!

Bill - beautiful work on all three bowls! Your gift going to Japan will be a big hit! Like the others - the Maple burl steals the show! Sure is some amazing grain!

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Wow that big leaf maple takes the cake. All three are nice but I'm not big on pedestal of the cherry. I actually recently turned something a lot like that and vowed never to put a large pedestal on my bowl again. For some reason my eye just doesn't like that, I do however like the rim on the maple.

Nice job.

Very nice bowls Bill. I have to say the maple burl is spectacular. I would agree with Steve, it really does steal the show. Good job on all of then though.

Nice looking trio. That pecan piece is much richer looking than the little bit of pecan I have turned. Lots of 'wow' factor in that maple. The cherry is pretty and the rim detail is a nice touch.

Count me among those who prefer forms without feet most of the time although it adds a nice visual lift in these pieces.

very nice, thanks for sharing