Thread: Displaying and existing image??

Displaying and existing image??

Hi All,

I just replied to a thread and tried to upload an image and it was refused by the Attach-Image up-loader as I had uploaded that same image back in October 2008.

OK, so I can understand not duplicating to save storage space, but how can I link to it in a new posting so that it shows up as a thumbnail as in the original posting?

I can copy the link to it but that just puts the link in the new posting and not the actual thumbnail of the pic.

Yeah, I did a search here and came up blank. Lots of tutorial on how to attach the pic the first time, but nothing I can find to link to it in a professional way if the image already exists.

This looks pretty clumsy in the new posting...
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachme...1&d=1224434091

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachme...0&d=1224434091
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Why not rename the image and try uploading again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    Why not rename the image and try uploading again?
    I did that. I have found that if I change the Byte count by a few bytes and rename it then I can fool the system into accepting it. I am tryng to work within the rules here.

I can see the sense in not allowing double uploads, I am just lamenting the inability to use the stored images in a professional looking manner the next time I needthem.

I will now go read the 3 links Tom supplied. Maybe my Valhalla is there.
    Dave J

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Veatch View Post
    Here are some previous threads on the subject:
    Thanks Tom,

Nothing there of any real value that will show the pic as a click-able thumbnail as in a first-time attachment of the pic.

I guess it is just re-size and rename or live with the clunky link to the old pic.
    Dave J

Dave, you can go into your user control panel and scroll down. Last menu item on the left is "Attachments". Open that up, at the bottom of that list, you can select "Show thumbnails" just for clarity.

Click on an image, then you'll have the url for it.

You can then post that using the insert image icon. So you're using the same image, stored once on the server, but displayed in various threads.

Here's a try from an old photo I had up to make sure it works. If you see the image, then it worked!

Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.