Thread: Anchorseal ?

Anchorseal ?

As most of you know, I'm pretty new to turning & want to order sealer for green wood. There is Anchorseal, Anchorseal 2 and WoodSealer @ Craft Supply. It seems though I only hear you guys talking about Anchorseal. It looks like the WoodSealer @ Craft Supply is less money. Is this an inferior product to Anchorseal? I'd like to get some feedback on sealers before I order some, I can't think of a better place to get more knowledgeable info.
    Thanks.

Roland I have used a gallon of WoodSealer but I went back to anchorseal. I just ordered the anchorseal 2. I used anchorseal all of the time before but ran out so picked up the Woodsealer at Woodcraft while in Denver because they were out of anchorseal. When I got low on the woodsealer I ordered some more anchorseal. I coated several blanks of oak and maple using both.The blanks with woodsealer had cracks in them where the anchorseal did not. I don't know if I did something wrong when applying it or it was the product but haven't used it again.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Once bitten, twice shy! Just the kind of info I was looking for Bernie. From previous posts, it looks like the Anchoseal 2 will replace the original, I guess I'll order that also.
    Thanks a bunch Bernie.

You can buy it form uccoatings.com they will sell it direct, my brother-in-law turning club buys it in 5 gallon buckes they split it up with the club . When I finish with what I have Im going it get the 5 gallon bucket.

I also ordered the 5 gal pal. Figured it would save me money in the long run.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Smile

Call l-800-end coat That be anchorseal. I use l5 or more gallons a year, and it gets my vote.

Roland,

I ordered it direct. Another local turner and I shared the cost and the anchorseal.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

The last time I look it was about 65 or 70 for a 5 gal bucket and i beleave that was shipped . The last gallon I bought was 20 or 21 for a wood store .

If you are coating much 5 gal. is the way to go, also if you use DNA its is much cheaper by the 5 gal. pail.

where's the best place to get the 5 gal. dna? Would local paint stores be a good, maybe best, source? Thanks.

Anchorseal

Our club bot a 55 gallon container of it with an additive for not freezing in the cold weather. We sold it to the members for $40.00 for 5 gallons in their container. We will probably do it again this year and have to raise the price to $50.00 for the five gallons. s I understnd the difference, Anchorseal is a new formulation using a different chemical but getting the same results.
    www.uccoatings.com. They are great people to work with...

Thanks for all your input on the Anchorseal. I just ordered a 2-gallon bucket from UC Coatings, Anchoseal 2 for $44.25, free shipping, thanks for the link Brian.