Thread: Smilla Enlarger

Smilla Enlarger

I've downloaded this free software for enlarging bmps & cannot figure out how to install it. Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Henry View Post
    I've downloaded this free software for enlarging bmps & cannot figure out how to install it. Can anyone help?
    Just unzip it and run it from it's folder. It does not install.
    You can make a shortcut for the desktop for simplicity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Sandy- that bothered me me too at first, but I found you have to leave it in the folder for it to work. I tried to leave the program icon on the desktop, but it would not run that way. Just leave the whole folder intact, and you have to go through the several clicks to get to the program. Open it and it's weird - you drag your photo onto the "sample photo" window to place it. Then you can make your adjustments. It's a strange program, but for what it does, it's okay. It's helped me more than a few times.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    Sandy- that bothered me me too at first, but I found you have to leave it in the folder for it to work. I tried to leave the program icon on the desktop, but it would not run that way. Just leave the whole folder intact, and you have to go through the several clicks to get to the program. Open it and it's weird - you drag your photo onto the "sample photo" window to place it. Then you can make your adjustments. It's a strange program, but for what it does, it's okay. It's helped me more than a few times.

cheers, dee
    Dee:
    You don't have to drag the file into it if you don't want to. You can also Copy and Paste and you can also choose the file to open by clicking Open and navigating to the folder/file you want. You can create a shortcut on your desktop to it by Right clicking in the desktop, choose New/ Shortcut then navigate to the folder and the start program (the one with the image of the dog). The one that is labeled with CL is for use in a Command Line. This thing does a good job especially for FREE.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

I figured it out last night. Tried a couple of my own files & it worked well. Thanks for your help!