Thread: 137 years of Popular Science free

137 years of Popular Science free

I get an irritating banner ad displayed at the bottom of each page. Can some ad blocker software eliminate it?

I am already having fun with this. Thank you for the link. The advertisements are probably why they don't have to charge us. How else could they provide such a service?
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    I get an irritating banner ad displayed at the bottom of each page. Can some ad blocker software eliminate it?
    Can't even give something away for free without someone complaining!

I was able to click the "x" on the ad, and it went away. Not sure if you're browser is offering you that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    Stephen,

If you are using Firefox, get the AddBlockPlus add-in. Works for me.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    I am already having fun with this. Thank you for the link. The advertisements are probably why they don't have to charge us. How else could they provide such a service?

Funny ads were mentioned, one of the reasons I like looking at the old issues is the ads in them.

These magazines are also available from google books for free. The google presentation is, IMHO, easier to use.

I don't expect free sites to be without (modern) ads. But my preference would be for them to sell a set of CDs with the archive on it. (A set that displayed the old pages and ads without any modern ads - or at least put the modern ads at the very top of the page.

I'd been using Firefox with AdBlocker plus in Fedora Core 12 Linux, but something about Firefox began to cause my system to hang. So I've started using Opera.