Thread: Creeker Visit - Mike Henderson

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Creeker Visit - Mike Henderson

I swung by Mike Henderson's shop this morning to help him get a faithful old friend of his out of the way (I think his Saw Stop was jealous of his past relationship with his C-man contractor saw). I'll be using his old contractor saw as part of a mad experiment I have in the planning stages for a crosscut station.

Mike was kind enough to give me a tour of some of his work in his home. He has a really wonderful version of an expanding dining table and I took a seat in the most beautiful cherry rocker. I also got to see one of his Newport chests that was in the Fine Woodworking contest. If you haven't, check out some of his work here: http://www.mikes-woodwork.com/

Mike is a modest gentleman of obvious skill. His ingenious use of limited space has confirmed my worst fears; I am spoiled. . . spoiled rotten by my 20' x 30' workspace. Although I have made good use of portions of my space, I have been sloppy and wasteful in other areas. I now stand re-committed to my emergent reorganization plans. Thanks Mike, for the tour and the inspiration.

Proof of visit as per the Pic-Police rules:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler