Thread: introduction

introduction

Hey everyone, I have lurked on here for about 4 months and finally signed up and I haven't introduced myself.

We have a versa laser 2.3 with a 30 watt laser and I am using corel draw x4. The company I worked for used an old tool engraving machine for engraving front covers on 2 way radio's but bought the laser to overcome the limitations of a tool engraving over radius's.

Everything I have done so far is by trail and error. For me, the hardest thing was learning Corel, Ironically I have learned alot from the Epilog website.

I will post some pictures of the things I have done

I look forward to interacting with everyone on the site

Welcome, and feel free to ask if any questions come up. This is a great group that share information freely.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Brown View Post
    ...used an old tool engraving machine for engraving front covers on 2 way radio's but bought the laser to overcome the limitations of a tool engraving over radius's.
    Lasers have a similar limitation, just maybe in a different way.

Welcome!
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Welcome, and this is an awesome and friendly place.

Just don't get us started on the Mac vs PC cause we will grind on that for DAYS !
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Lasers have a similar limitation, just maybe in a different way.

Welcome!
    no your right, but the way it benefited us was there is no physical tool touching the surface(causing it to movie or shift while engraving), slight curves made it hard to program how the tool raised and plunged down at different heights and we were limited on how small letters could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Brown View Post
    Hey everyone, I have lurked on here for about 4 months and finally signed up and I haven't introduced myself.

We have a versa laser 2.3 with a 30 watt laser and I am using corel draw x4. The company I worked for used an old tool engraving machine for engraving front covers on 2 way radio's but bought the laser to overcome the limitations of a tool engraving over radius's.

Everything I have done so far is by trail and error. For me, the hardest thing was learning Corel, Ironically I have learned alot from the Epilog website.

I will post some pictures of the things I have done

I look forward to interacting with everyone on the site
    Welcome to the creek Jeremy. Nothing ironic about learning or gaining from our website as many do, whether they own an Epilog or not. This goes to show our level of service, support for all of those who are interested.
    Peck Sidara
    Epilog Laser
    888.437.4564 ext. 236