• Local Woodturning

95 68.35%
  • None

24 17.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clubs you belong to

Quote Originally Posted by Reed Gray View Post
    I belong to 3 local clubs, and the AAW, and a local woodworking group (Eugene Splinters), though they have their meetings on a night when I can't get there.

What is IAP?

robo hippy
    Reed that is International Association of Penturners.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Ignore this post...

Pic's of our turners club

I belong to AAW & QCWT Quad Cities Wood turners Club. Here's a few pic's of our Turners Club. www.qcwoodturners.org
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well the poll is sinking to the bottom of the pile, but still has a few days left. I am sure there must be some more turners out there that have no voiced their opinions yet.
    Although you can vote for more then one club, making tallies hard to figure, I still find it interesting to see that quite a few people belong to at least 2 and maybe even 3 different clubs. When do you get to turn ?
    Lori K

What a dummy!!

Boy, do I feel like a dummy!! Here I've been trying to introduce Lori to Wally Dickerman, (through PMs to both of them) and now I finally realize that he posted the first reply in her thread! Sheesh!
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

Hey Allen, thats okay. I appreciate the effort. It always amazes me the friendship and sharing that is found here at the Creek.
    Lori K

Wow, I am really surprised at the lack of members for the IAP. It seemed to me that everything I read about turning pens refered to the IAP for more info. I really thought there would be more members, interesting.
    I was also surprised at the low number of members for regular woodworking clubs, but that may have more to do with where I posted this poll.
    Lori K

I am a member of the AAW, Orange County Woodworkers Association, and their Special interest group and AAW chapter, the Orange County Woodturners Association. The club meetings are a blast. They include demonstrations, lectures, project challenges and the opportunity to give back to the community through the freedom pen project and their toy program. I wish I had joined years earlier.
    Anyone near Tustin California on the first (woodworker) and third (woodturner) Thursday of each month is invited to attend.
    Here is their link:
    http://ocwoodworkers.com
    Larry
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...