Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 longboard skateboards I just finished

3 longboard skateboards I just finished

ok, had some shop time and wanted to try some solid wood boards.
    here we go, all boards are book matched wood and drumsanded until I had perfect flex in the boards at my 175 pounds, they are nice and solid with just enough flex.

first board, mahogany 48" long, wheel wells, cindrich trucks but will end up with indy hybrids and axle extensions

next one is cocobolo, 62" long, about 9.5" wide original S10's and they'll stay on it, carves like a dream

and the last one is mahogany, 65" long, indy hybrids with SZ 40mm axle extensions

rear of the 65" board

top view

cocobolo top view

short mahogany top view

and here just a few of my quiver I acquired since november
    I still have a zebra wood board that'll be about 45" long but I need some fibreglass and copper to finish it. all boards will get a few narrow strips of grip, either tread tex/poly, glass glitter/poly or even monster paint traction, I'll see which ones looks best since they won't need tons of grip

thank you for looking, and sorry for all those pics
    Sascha

Quite a collection. Do you worry about the edge joint failing?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I spent some of my younger days on a skateboard, nothing like these beauties, but I can certainly appreciate the works of art they are. Very nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Quite a collection. Do you worry about the edge joint failing?
    not worried a bit.....Festool domine

thanx guys
    Sascha

Those are really nice looking board almost to nice to hit the streets with.

Like Bruce I would like to know if you did anything to the joint, splines or something like that.

Hey Sascha, It's been a while! Good to see you are still in the shop and I see you have yet another interest. The boards look great and I bet they get a lot of interest around here.

So do you smoke a cigar while the dog pulls you on the skateboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dragin View Post
    Hey Sascha, It's been a while! Good to see you are still in the shop and I see you have yet another interest. The boards look great and I bet they get a lot of interest around here.

So do you smoke a cigar while the dog pulls you on the skateboard?
    of course i do, I love my cigars. I just got back from riding along the beach, had my cigar and picked up some Starbucks and went back home.
    A great day

good to see you too Richard, how are the chairs coming??
    Sascha

Sascha,

The boards look awsome!!! You mentioned needing fiberglass for the zebrawood board. Are all of the boards fiberglass reinforced? If so, what kind of layup are you using? I might be interested in making a longboard for a really good friend of mine.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nemeth View Post
    Sascha,

The boards look awsome!!! You mentioned needing fiberglass for the zebrawood board. Are all of the boards fiberglass reinforced? If so, what kind of layup are you using? I might be interested in making a longboard for a really good friend of mine.

Thanks,
    Andrew
    nah, the other ones are not, but the zebra wood needs a little support and might get a layer of 6oz glass on top and maybe a copper panel with patina on the bottom.
    we'll see
    Sascha

Where's your pool, pipe, and ramp set?

Nice decks.

Beautiful, Sascha. The great job you did bookmatching the boards are what really make them stand out. Excellent job.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Nice looking work. I am interested in how you shaped them.

Quote Originally Posted by sascha gast View Post
    ...................................... how are the chairs coming??
    As a matter of fact....I'm finishing one this week. Still have the backdrop set up?

I designed the shapes in Illustrator and cut them out with my 24" plotter

I stuck them to a sheet of mdf and cut them out, redefined the shapes and used that as the templates for the hardwood.
    then I used a rasp on some of them and a simple round over bit on others or a combination of the 2
    Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dragin View Post
    As a matter of fact....I'm finishing one this week. Still have the backdrop set up?
    sure do, it's installed in my living room
    if ya need help I'm sure we can find time
    Sascha