Thread: Clamp art... or glue ups?

Clamp art... or glue ups?

so I was working on some new blanks... one is for a HF vase, and the other is a 2 part bowl(bowl with a loose foot/cradle)... and I looked at the glued up blanks and said " now that's some kind of modern art" ...while I thought to my self i have a clamp issue.

so what do you guys think art or just glue ups?

I'll post pics of the finished pieces once the glue cure and I get to turn'em.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like a circle of birds or ballet dancers...

Yup -it's art!

I see a flock of blue flamingos doing the macarena just before sunset! Judging by all the festive colors - I figure it must be at a birthday party!

Looking forward to seeing what they are celebrating!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

The process is sometimes as entertaining as the turning. Good observation Steve. Can't wait to see the turnings Brian.

Looks like art-in-process to me. Do you ever use that saw in the back ground or is that just a gluing station? I never use mine and want to get rid of it for more space. Can't wait to see the finished art.

Art!! bore a hole in the top center, insert plastic flower, enter in gallery, for an exorbitant price (somewhere between 5K-10K), and somebody with more money than sense will buy this

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Just View Post
    Looks like art-in-process to me. Do you ever use that saw in the back ground or is that just a gluing station? I never use mine and want to get rid of it for more space. Can't wait to see the finished art.
    It's more than a glue station I use it on a regular basis... I learned on that saw so I know how to make it do some cool things, besides I has a 20" cross cut capability, and a 18" compound miter capability.

I like the little yellow sculpture made from the clamp pads. That is really some cool artwork!

Doug

Talking I win!

could it be a trophy you're giving away to one of us? Be glad to accept it!

Now I know why I haven't tackled segmented work - don't have the knack for artistic clamping!! And, it apparently requires a quantity of color matched clamps!

Brian, this looks perfectly normal to me