Thread: For Nova DVR XP Owners

For Nova DVR XP Owners

If you have a closed stand like I do, do you find it annoying cleaning between the ways? This was my solution. I cut a gap out of the top between the ways, and installed a box on a slide out beneath the bench. This may not be practical for all, but works for me. Note: I have lots of storage cabinets in my garage/shop, so the space the slide out box takes under the lathe stand isn't missed.

Ray
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a really nice job, Ray. I had planned on stopping by this past weekend to see what you have been up to. Patti said you were gone. Really makes a nice set up you have, but entirely too neat! How are the bowls coming?

Hi Paul,
    Yep we were in sunny Az. last week. Please stop by anytime, still doing the bowls and enjoying it. About to run out of wood though

Nice stand Ray and that looks like it will work well. I raised mine off the bench with 1" oak blocks. Allows me clean underneath the the lathe bed.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thanks Bernie, raising it was my first thought, but I kind of like the lathe the height it is. Besides I can't ever seem to do things the simple way

Nicely done. I just bought mine, and I got the cast iron stand with it. I'm going to build a ballast box for my stand. I need to raise the whole stand a couple of inches, and add some casters to the base. Does anyone have any ideas for raising the legs before I attach the casters?

I also need to level one end of the lathe, because my garage is sloped a bit.

Now to wait for the electrician.

Thanks Darin, you will love that lathe. I sure like mine. Why do you need an electrician, are you wiring it for 220? I have very limited power in my garage/shop. It is powered by a 30 A sub breaker from the house. Soon to be remedied though. I am thinking about putting the garage on a stand alone meter and a 200 A service.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    Thanks Darin, you will love that lathe. I sure like mine. Why do you need an electrician, are you wiring it for 220? I have very limited power in my garage/shop. It is powered by a 30 A sub breaker from the house. Soon to be remedied though. I am thinking about putting the garage on a stand alone meter and a 200 A service.
    I need more outlets in my "half" garage; my wife has the other half. I have it plugged into a short extension cord, but the motor wants to slap me every time I start to push it a little bit. That, and my breaker box is too small for my house to begin with. So, I'll see what my options are, and get my power issues in order. Then my wife will know where to find me.