Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #16 Walnut and Curly Maple - seems to be a recurrent theme!!

Another great looking bowl John. I have to agree on the interior not being just right but that may be the turner cutting too deep in all of us speaking. Since you seem to have the time (based on the number of bowls you have been turning out lately), maybe you could turn a small mound like you did for the "Bad Moon Arising" turning.
    By the way, it's always good to see one more "Keeton". Can't wait for your first book "Early Turnings" by John Keeton.
    Who knew your could have so much fun with such a small chunk of wood

John,
    You are making that Delta PROUD, bet it doesn't hardly cool off. Great way to show off that maple.

Thanks to the rest for taking the time to look and comment. It means a lot. I do have to admit, the Delta isn't getting much rest!! But, I think it enjoys the workouts!

You do very nice turnings. I am just learning. I have two small boys. So I don't get to just turn often. I am kept busy doing lots of other woodworking. But I have fun doing it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dromey View Post
    I am kept busy doing lots of other woodworking. But I have fun doing it all.
    Thanks, Michael, and I fondly remember my former days of doing "lots of other woodworking!"

It seems like only last year that I was a flatworker. Oh, yeah, it was only last year!

Enjoy those boys - that is far more important. My youngest is 35!!

You are correct, they are the most important thing. I do really enjoy them. My wife and I were blessed with the best boys in the world.