Thread: I'm Back!

I'm Back!

Well, the big cross-country move is over, finally. Mida and I are getting settled into our new home here in Austintown, Ohio - mostly unpacking boxes... - and getting used to the new area.

My shop is still mostly in boxes and crates. I did scab in a 240V line to make sure the cabinet saw and Laguna bandsaw were both operable, but other than that, won't see much shop time for at least another month. Pictures to follow, when I finally get it set up.

Right now, in addition to all the unpacking, the main project is to get the fallen leaves from the tenor twelve oak and maple trees in the back yard raked up. The new John Deere L110 was delivered yesterday, so at least I won't have to rake it all - just the windrows left after the Deere piled them up.

The new (cable) internet was installed today, so this is my first 'fast' logon from the new address. More later...

Hi, Jim, Welcome to Ohio. I hope you had a pleasent trip. We're having a nice fall season, its the best.
    Earl

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney
    Well, the big cross-country move is over, finally. Mida and I are getting settled into our new home here in Austintown, Ohio - mostly unpacking boxes... - and getting used to the new area.

My shop is still mostly in boxes and crates. I did scab in a 240V line to make sure the cabinet saw and Laguna bandsaw were both operable, but other than that, won't see much shop time for at least another month. Pictures to follow, when I finally get it set up.

Right now, in addition to all the unpacking, the main project is to get the fallen leaves from the tenor twelve oak and maple trees in the back yard raked up. The new John Deere L110 was delivered yesterday, so at least I won't have to rake it all - just the windrows left after the Deere piled them up.

The new (cable) internet was installed today, so this is my first 'fast' logon from the new address. More later...

Jim,

Good to hear you made it OK, you will probably find wood much cheaper than Austin. But in case you don't, just holler and I'll send you some. Enjoy your new surroundings.

Gene

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the neighborhood. I don't think you are too far from me. I'm just of I-80 about 35 miles form the OH line in PA.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Jim who?

Just kidding Jim. I bet you're glad that the move is behind you! Looking forward to the pic's of your new place. You'll love the cable connection too!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Good to hear from you Jim! I hope the move went well. Keep us posted on how things are going.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Hey Chuck:

When you hear a car horn Honk tomorrow night, that will be me on my way through. Goin' to the Poconos then on to Philly.

TTFN, Bruce

[QUOTE=Bruce Page I bet you're glad that the move is behind you! Looking forward to the pic's of your new place. You'll love the cable connection too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, having only dial-up for the past month has really been a drag. I had DSL in California, but couldn't get it here. The cable internet is actually about twice as fast as the DSL was.

Dial-up here was terrible. The fastest connection I ever got was 26.4. and 24.0 was more the norm. Too far out in the country, I guess. I'm told this area just got cable access last year.

As for the move being behind us - yeah, the pack-up and move is over, but now the real work starts. Getting all of those boxes unpacked and their contents stored away will take quite a while. My shop, besides the bench and power tools, filled up nearly eighty boxes! Building cabinets and shelves for most of that stuff will probably take most of the winter. I'm betting it'll be Spring (or later) before I get to any real woodworking projects.

On the good side, we've only found one broken glass so far. Everything else seems to have made the move intact. We packed most of the stuff ourselves, but had Allied Van pack the dishes, glassware, lamps, and electronics. (the broken glass was one that they packed).
    Last edited by Jim DeLaney; 10-29-2004 at 9:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Shiverdecker
    Hey Chuck:

When you hear a car horn Honk tomorrow night, that will be me on my way through. Goin' to the Poconos then on to Philly.

TTFN, Bruce

I'll probably hear it! I'm about 3/4 of a mile North of I-80, just off Ohio Rt 46. The neighborhood is so quiet that I can hear the traffic on a still night.

Hi Jim -

Glad the trip went smothly and that you are getting settled. It is sometimes a pain to do it with minimal tools because you see improvements that can be made. "Just let me run out to the shop for a second . . Oh, wait, can't do that yet" kinds of situations going on. At least that's what happened last time we moved.

Regards,
    Ted