Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choose 2 please

Thumbs up

I'm a sucker for spalted wood so I would have to jump all over the hackberry and the redwood burl.
    Donny

Thanks for the replies so far fellows.
    I'm attaching profile views as requested. I didn't like the bottom of the spalted hackberry bowl either. I had a smaller foot on it and when it was in the donut choke I screwed it up. This wood was very punky.
    This is a state wide Arts Council show where cities nominate local artists. We were nominated from our town. (We live in a small town). We have to take no more than 4 entries to them and you all are picking the 2 bowls and we are also sending in 2 glass etchings. The etchings are framed in walnut and spalted sycamore frames that I made. The Indian etching was etched by my wife and I did the turkey.
    Thanks for the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Elm crotch and redwood... the spalted hackberry is a close third.

Added profile pictures. Would like more comments as I have only 2 days left before I have to pick 2.

I'd still go for the Elm and Redwood, though the NE bowl looks better from that angle.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Call me crazy, but I like the spalted piece and the NE the best. I like the crotch piece also, but find the outside a bit severe. The spalted piece could be a bit thinner, but sometimes when you see a piece in person thick does work. The NE could have a little bit more outside curve for a more organic feel. Good luck.
    Last edited by Mark Hubl; 02-20-2010 at 10:50 PM.

elm and the ne. Good luck to you...Bill...

Thanks for the profile shots. Elm crotch and maybe the redwood burl. Wonder if any of the judges is/are turner(s).
    Richard in Wimberley