Thread: Delta 34-350 12-14" riving knife retrofit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Delta 34-350 12-14" riving knife retrofit

Hi All,

After using a friends saw with a riving knife, I thought it a good idea to add one to my 34-350.

Ihave attached photos of a test fit last night, not a bad fit-up for something made from dimensions written on the back of a pulley box.

As most all of you know who have thought about riving knife retrofits on a saw with an arbor configuration such as the Unisaw, the motion is in an arc and the riving knife does not maintain the correct relative position through the arc. my original design used a 4bar link system but i settled in this one because the linear motion on the rear bearing block makes a perfect spot to mount the scale for a remote readout for blade height. (Wixey or others). another motivating factor is that this saw mounts 10,14,14" in blades and i need a bit of flexibility with knife mounting.

I will make this first post a bit brief (running a bit late for work) I will add details later this evening but so far everything is extremely rigid and works well, the mount for the knife will be on the square block.

here are some photos;cheers,
    Sean

P.S.
    Yes, the saw is getting a micro-v belt in the deal also.

UP

and Down...same relative position...Yippee!

Last edited by Sean lennon; 02-18-2010 at 7:19 AM. Reason: typo