Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southwest wisconsin woodworking club

Southwest wisconsin woodworking club

Just was wondering if anyone knew of any woodworking clubs in Southwest Wisconsin, spring green or Madison area?

I went to a meeting where one might be started a few years ago but I don't know that anything came of it...
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Jeff,
    I was at the same meeting and always wondered what happened, may be we should try again.

I have never heard of one, but am willing to try and get something going. Even if it is just going over to someones house and having a beer and shooting the $h!&. Let me know if anyone is interested.
    Chuck

Blog Entries
    I'm a few hours north of Madtown but am also interested in seeing a good woodworking community get going in our state.

I am from kenosha I couple hours from Madison but I'd be interested if you don't mind a newbie

I'm in Verona and would also be interested. My "shop" space might sometimes be available at times for get togethers as well (near Menard's west).

Rick Dohm

I would be interested as well - even to get together and have a few cold ones with people that are like to mess around in their shops.

- BTW - Chuck - nice meeting you at the WW show in Milwaukee - R
    oops ....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - yup all there, whew!

black river falls here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Wright View Post
    I would be interested as well - even to get together and have a few cold ones with people that are like to mess around in their shops.

- BTW - Chuck - nice meeting you at the WW show in Milwaukee - R
    Nice to meet you too. How did ya guess it was me? I am thinking wheelchair.

As for the woodworking get together, I have shop space that would support a few people. Maybe we could do something where it rotates from one persons house to another. Lets build this thing. I had mentioned something like this to Rob a month or two ago.
    Chuck

Nice to meet you too. How did ya guess it was me? I am thinking wheelchair.
    Well, yes it was the wheel chair along with the fact that I saw a picture of you when you went to the Woodwright's shop with Roy Underhill.

My shop - ok I mean garage - is pretty cramped right now with my shop toys and some half completed projects, but overall this would be a nice way to meet so people and discuss projects
    oops ....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - yup all there, whew!

My free time is roughly equivalent to my woodworking budget (severely low to non-existent) - but Id be interested too!
    Proud to Hate Michigan Athletics Since 1981

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Madison seems to win out, any volunteers to host?

I would but my shop is a one car garage and it's crammed full!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

I could probably host it.. I just need to know some dates and times. How many people do we think might actually come to this?
    Chuck

Hi guys,

There is an active guild in the Madison area. We meet all over the area at different shops, every month.

Here is a link to the group:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/madwoodworkers/

Some of the shops are in basements, but many are wheelchair accessible, mine included.

Last meeting was about a week ago, the next meeting has not been announced yet.

Hope to see some of you around.

If you guys want to meet before-hand, my shop in Oregon is always open. One of you might have been over already--can't remember who though.........my bad.

Greg Stahl
    Last edited by Gregory Stahl; 02-17-2010 at 12:15 PM.

I signed up for the guild. Note- Just because it's a yahoo group doesn't mean you have to get the email at yahoo. YOu can define another email to get group messages from.

I think it would be good to join an existing guild instead of setting up our own? Thoughts?
    Jeff Sudmeier