Thread: Rikon 10-325 Bandsaw

Rikon 10-325 Bandsaw

I am getting a little closer to getting a better bandsaw. After asking you guys the rikon 10-325 seems like a good fit. But every review that I have come across it seems that no one like the blades. I don't see myself doing a lot of resawing. The saw is mostly for bowl and pen blanks. Ok maybe a little over kill on pen blanks. Anyway what blade do you recomend for the bowl blanks and can still cut a some what straight line. Make and size would be a great help to me.
    Thanks
    Dennis

No experience w/ Rikon, but many folks say that their OEM blade (regardless of brand) was poor. Some suggest Timberwolf 3/8" or 1/2" blades w/ 3 tpi for cutting bowl blanks. Other good brands also available and specialized blades for green wood blanks. Others will follow here with more details.
    Richard in Wimberley

call the place in Atlanta and get a wood slicer blade. My father has the craftsman version of the 10" Rikon, and all he uses it for is cutting pen blanks. Swapped the blade and he has no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by John A. Callaway View Post
    call the place in Atlanta and get a wood slicer blade. My father has the craftsman version of the 10" Rikon, and all he uses it for is cutting pen blanks. Swapped the blade and he has no complaints.

Highland woodworking the blade is the Woodslicer

It sounds like you might want a blade for wet or green wood

I believe Highland does sell a blade for that purpose, but I don't think it's the WoodSlicer. Pretty sure Timberwolf sells a blade for wet wood too. Have others used this saw for bowl blanks? I have one but have only used it on dry wood. My concern would be if 1.5 H.P. is enough for large wet chunks. It would be difficult if not impossible to upgrade the motor on the Rikon 10-325. You might be able to upgrade the motor but I don't know how you'd upgrade that tiny looking belt. The driven pulley is an integral part of the lower blade wheel.

Rikon 10-325 blades

I use the Timberwolf blades on my Rikon 10-325. I couldn't ask for a better blade. Call them (Suffolk Machinery) at 800-234-7279 and tell them what you want to cut and they'll set you up with the right blade.

Bob's got the answer. The people at Suffolk are very knowledgeable and their products are good too.

When I bought my MM-16, the salesman advised me to buy a blade as the one's that come on the saw weren't great. I think that is par for the course.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

On my grizzly I use a 3/8" and 1/2" X 3 tpi Timberwolf blades. Both are excellent for cutting green wood bowl blanks and I cut all my pen blanks with them. The woodslicer from Highlands does not work well on green wood but is great for resawing.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I've got an old Sears bandsaw with a 3/4hp motor. I cut 6" thick wet wood with it easily, with the 3tpi blades.
    I'm a believer in the timberwolf blades, too, but I also use Olson 3/8" 3tpi blades, simply because they're easier for me to obtain, where I live.
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

'no one likes the blades'? then buy a new one . i get mine from 'bandsawblades.com', and like them alot. great customer service. i like my rikon, too.

I have the Rikon saw. I use Timberwolf blades and am very satisfied with the tool.

Thanks all,
    Looks like my timing may be good for a change. Woodcraft has a sale in a couple of weeks and the 10-325 is going to be 10% off. Not a lot of money but I will take all I can get. The savings should pay for the new blades.
    Dennis