Thread: Honey Comb table

Honey Comb table

Hello,

This is my first post on the forums here and must say this is a great sight for any laser user.

My newbie question is how you most of you keep your table top clean? I got my laser used and the honey comb table was nice and clean. I used it for a few jobs including cutting wood and acrylic and now my table top is all brown from the wood. Do I need to make a jig that raises the material off of the table? Or is this just a common thing and need to take out the table once in a while and clean it?

Thanks to all that reply.

Hello Curt,
    Not sure which system you have as they may vary. I'm a newbie here as well, so I don't know if the vector grid materials are all the same. Here is what I found for my Epilog laser. http://www.epiloglaser.com/tl_clean_vector_grid.htm You can check this or look up your laser manufacturers website. They hopefully have instructions there.
    Ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Epilog Zing 16 (35 Watt)
    Vanguard 3000 (old rotary workhorse)
    Corel Draw 12 & X5
    Sublimation Ricoh GX7000
    Chapellaz's Trophies

The important question isn't "How do I clean?", it's "Should I clean?": note that you get less flash-back from a dirty (but perfectly functional) table than from a shiny clean one.

I only clean mine when the "ashtray" smell gets too bad to put up with. At that point the magic words are "Krud Kutter".
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Thanks,
    That is exactly the info I was looking for. My table is starting to look like the one in the pic.

Thanks again.

Hi
    I use Krud Cutter. I find it at Home Depot in the paint area. I use it at full strength and it works well. It is non toxic and Biodegradable. Just spray it on let it sit for a little bit rinse off with water. Repeat until it is clean. Do not use a power washer, or oven cleaner. Hope this helped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Uebner
    Trotec Speedy 300 45w, Xenetch 1313, Signature 8080 Plus, Baby Lock EM6

honeycomb

where can I get a piece of the honeycomb material?
    ULS VersaLaser 3.5 30W Rotary & HPDFO

Jack,

Have look at Mike Null's web site. I am sure he can help you with your request.

St. Louis lasers dot com

Lake Tapawingo, a suburb of Blue Springs, a suburb of Kansas City, MO. The Kansas City you know is in Missouri.
    Mcmaster Carr sells honeycomb aluminum for around 60.00 24 x 24 x 1/2 inch.
    Tom Bull
    Epilog Legend, x3,X5, photograv, 30 year collection of misc. tools of all kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bull View Post
    Mcmaster Carr sells honeycomb aluminum for around 60.00 24 x 24 x 1/2 inch.
    That's about double what I payed for the replacement at Epilog a few years ago (12x24) so must be a fair price if you need one that big. I have not cleaned mine, since it's not a performance issue as far as I can tell. I did turn it over in the frame when the area centered at about x6 y-6 started to sag.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green