Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 14" bandsaw woes... Major woes!!!

I replaced the pulley on the drive shaft of the motor. I also replaced the old 'V' belts with the twist drive belts.

I am still using the original 14" wheels. I would have just bought a new saw if I had go as far as to replace the wheels. That would have been the straw that broke this camels back.

Long story short, it runs really good now. I paid $140 for the saw itself and I probably put about $200 (DOH!!!) into it. I overestimated the quality of the saw when I bought it.

Oh well, you live you learn, at least it turned out o.k. in the end.

Next time, I'll investigate MUCH deeper into a used bandsaw (or ANY tool) purchase.

Thanx,

shotgunn

Quote Originally Posted by David Hostetler View Post
    Not sure I understand, does this mean you replaced the wheel(s) and drive belt?

FWIW, solid V belts are prone to vibration when they sit for long periods. Link belts tend to run much smoother. My HF bandsaw runs like a MUCH more expensive machine due to the link belt...
    Last edited by Michael Dunn; 03-24-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dunn View Post
    I replaced the pulley on the drive shaft of the motor. I also replaced the old 'V' belts with the twist drive belts.

I am still using the original 14" wheels. I would have just bought a new saw if I had go as far as to replace the wheels. That would have been the straw that broke this camels back.

Long story short, it runs really good now. I paid $140 for the saw itself and I probably put about $200 (DOH!!!) into it. I overestimated the quality of the saw when I bought it.

Oh well, you live you learn, at least it turned out o.k. in the end.

Next time, I'll investigate MUCH deeper into a used bandsaw (or ANY tool) purchase.

Thanx,

shotgunn
    Now you understand the saying "Too soon old, too late smart" We've all been there at one time or another, I certainly have!! Actually, having around $340 in a saw that now works well and that you know well doesn't seem all that bad to me.