Thread: X3 how do I make a smaller one?

Lake Tapawingo, a suburb of Blue Springs, a suburb of Kansas City, MO. The Kansas City you know is in Missouri.

X3 how do I make a smaller one?

I have an irregular shape and I want to make an exact duplicate that is 5/8 inch smaller to the inside. Is there a simple way to do that. I have spent last 45 min in help on x3, but if you don't know what it's called, it's hard to get help.
    Thanks in advance,
    Tom
    Tom Bull
    Epilog Legend, x3,X5, photograv, 30 year collection of misc. tools of all kinds.

2311 Loveless Street, Guntersville, AL 35976
    Contour Tool - Effects > Contour Tool or Ctrl-F9

You could also copy, paste and resize.

Gary

Lake Tapawingo, a suburb of Blue Springs, a suburb of Kansas City, MO. The Kansas City you know is in Missouri.
    Gary, not quite tracking with you on that one. Resize like grabbing one of the corner boxes and click and drag? Or is there another resize I am not getting. If I click and drag it does not stay proportional like the contour tool does it.
    Tom Bull
    Epilog Legend, x3,X5, photograv, 30 year collection of misc. tools of all kinds.

5. Do you want it to be identical to the original? Then resize it (easiest using the % boxes next to the height/width boxes)
    If you need it to be exactly 5/8" inside the original object use the contour tool. If you use the contour tool the object will not look the same.

Tom, select the object. Enter Ctrl/D, move the duplicate so you can work with it. While still selected, see the box that shows the dimensions of the object, be sure the lock icon for proportion is closed. In the box, enter -5/8 after to the width dimension,(delete the " symbol) Enter. That should resize it 5/8" smaller and keep it proportional.
    Last edited by Larry Bratton; 02-13-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bull View Post
    Gary, not quite tracking with you on that one. Resize like grabbing one of the corner boxes and click and drag? Or is there another resize I am not getting. If I click and drag it does not stay proportional like the contour tool does it.
    I use the measurements or % instead of dragging. if you do drag then you can hold the shift key while dragging and it will be proportional. You can also hold the ctrl key and it will change size around the center of the object but not proportionally.

Gary