Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dewalt 735 planer dust collection W/O dust collector

Do you know this thread is over 12 years old?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hayward View Post
    Do you know this thread is over 12 years old?
    Dust collection: the eternal problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Goebel View Post
    Dust collection: the eternal problem!
    New solution to eternal problem, I like what you have done.

I used a flexible coupling to easily couple the DW exhaust with a shopvac hose. They come in many sizes from your favorite plumbing supply store.image_2022-05-09_213408238.png

5. Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Goebel View Post
    This setup combines a cyclone separator with a shop vacuum filter. It’s been a life saver for me!

https://www.timberthingswoodwork.com...alt-735-planer
    I'm sorry, I am new to the forum. Finally figured out how to post a picture of my dust collection setup I was referencing earlier for ya'll

735_dust_collection.jpg

The reducer at the cyclone is a terrible bottleneck. Also, reduce the run of hose.

I'm sorry, I am new to the forum. Finally figured out how to post a picture of my dust collection setup I was referencing earlier for ya'll

735_dust_collection.jpg
    If I'm looking at this correctly, you are using the blower on the 735 and don't have a separate DC attached. If so, the cyclone is only there for looks. You'd be better off just putting a 4" inlet on the barrel and omitting the cyclone. It would eliminate the reducer bottleneck and let you use the cyclone for something else. You will still need to connect the filter on a separate outlet to allow exhaust.

8. Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Varley View Post
    If I'm looking at this correctly, you are using the blower on the 735 and don't have a separate DC attached. If so, the cyclone is only there for looks. You'd be better off just putting a 4" inlet on the barrel and omitting the cyclone. It would eliminate the reducer bottleneck and let you use the cyclone for something else. You will still need to connect the filter on a separate outlet to allow exhaust.
    I thought the exact same thing: Don't need a cyclone separator if there is no "pull" from a DC or vac. I had the a filter sitting on top of the bin and ran it sans-cyclone for less than 10 minutes until the filter filled up with dust and chips and shot straight off. Quite a surprise, but was fun to see the dust chips falling back down like snow.

I thought the exact same thing: Don't need a cyclone separator if there is no "pull" from a DC or vac. I had the a filter sitting on top of the bin and ran it sans-cyclone for less than 10 minutes until the filter filled up with dust and chips and shot straight off. Quite a surprise, but was fun to see the dust chips falling back down like snow.
    I suspect it would have also been fixed if the inlet to the top had a 90 elbow inside the container so that the dust/air is not blowing "down" directly into the bottom. The blower itself was kicking the dust up into the outlet.