Thread: Jet Verses JDS Air Cleaners

Jet Verses JDS Air Cleaners

I'm looking at a replacement Air Cleaner for my shop. I recently sold my older JDS 750 2000 in hopes of replacing it with a slightly larger unit with remote and timer. I plan on mounting it up close to the ceiling over a storage area so a remote is very important.

Although My old JDS unit was made in the USA I noticed the new ones are Chinese made. I decided to also look at the Jet 1000B (Taiwan) if I'm forced to buy offshore. One thing I noticed when comparing is the Jet has a foam seal around the perimeter of the secondary bag filter.....I like this. Upon inspection of the newer JDS 750ER, I noticed no foam seal and the mitered edges of the metal frame around their bag filter seem less than flat. I'm concerned about seal & dust being pulled past this junction.

Has anyone experience with these two D/C'ers? any problem with either unit. What are the actual differences in air flow & micron spec filtration?

Thanks,
    Mac
    Last edited by Mac McQuinn; 02-10-2010 at 1:15 AM.

Noise

I can't help on the specs but I had a chance to listen to both in operation in a shop and chose the Jet because it was considerably quieter when running. So far have been very happy with it.

My Jet seems to do a very good job.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

I've got the Jet AFS-2000. I've had it since October 2009. Works great. Easy to maintain. I like the timer function for cleaning the shop air after I finish up for the day.

-Mike

I have only used the Jet but for $300 I would definately buy it again.

I've got a JDS Air-Tech 750ER coming next month. We'll see.
    Ron Carlton
    Dallas, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Carlton View Post
    I've got a JDS Air-Tech 750ER coming next month. We'll see.
    Let me guess....Woodcraft? Me too. They're backordered but that free $50 gift card that came with the purchase took the hardship out of the wait!

I picked one of the JDS from Woodcraft last weekend haven't had a chance to install it yet rearranging the shop atm. Soon as I can I will post my results.

-Dave

FWIW - and maybe not much as things change but...

JDS took top dog about 5 years back in a FWW or similar mag review of the units on market then. I still went Jet myself as it was handy and cheaper. It worked great.

It has been replaced by a HM squirrel cage unit that IMO works even better. maybe the fact I have 2x the filters in it is reason and I was able to seal better all?

JDS or Jet - both well respected.

Jet air cleaner

Plus one more for the Jet. I have the AFS-1000B and love it.

I have a Jet 2000B and have no complaints.
    I got it from an outfit in Auburn, WA.
    They sell some scratch and dent goods which enabled a pretty good discount for me.
    You might give them a call to see if they have any in stock.
    equipmentsalesandsurplus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Earl View Post
    JDS took top dog about 5 years back in a FWW or similar mag review of the units on market then. I still went Jet myself as it was handy and cheaper. It worked great.

This is true. Right after that test, though, I believe Jet made some mods (like the foam seal mentioned) to help eliminate some of the 'blow by' that hurt it in the testing. A follow-on test indicated improved performance. I chose the Jet because of a sale on Amazon at the time, but IMO you cannot go wrong with either unit as they were the top 2 in that review.
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Both of these units are much bigger than I thought they were. In the store they looked so small.. Kinda like buying a b ig screen TV getting it home and going it didnt look that big in the store

Looks like the Jet 1000B is on sale currently for $299.00 though Jet and Woodcraft has a 10% off promotion going through the month of February. I'm leaning in that direction.

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Mac McQuinn View Post
    Looks like the Jet 1000B is on sale currently for $299.00 though Jet and Woodcraft has a 10% off promotion going through the month of February. I'm leaning in that direction.
    Been looking at the air filtration units for quite a while, now. Also going back and forth about just scrounging up a furnace blower fan/motor unit and making my own.

Meanwhile, ... I've done exactly nothing

I'd be interested in your thoughts about the unit, once/if you buy it, and get some shop time with it.