Thread: Finally Back Online

Finally Back Online

Wow, it has been a while - almost two months since I was able to log on last.

Me and 500+ of my Sailors deployed at the end of the year to return back to the middle east yet again (we just left here last March). We will be providing security for deployed forces from Iraq all the way down the Arabian Gulf to the United Arab Emirates (where our sister squadron picks up the duties). Whether it's convoy duty, base force protection, or water borne protection, we do it all.

We just finished a major mission of providing the security for the nearly 600 Marines of the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit (based in Camp Pendleton, CA) to return to their Amphibious Readiness Group (ships) so they can head back home. These boys don't travel light so it was an extensive movement to get all of them and all their equipment (including their impressive 1-5-5's!) onto the LCAC's (hovercrafts) and out to the ships.

Here's the LCAC heading to the ramp for another load:
    lcac.jpg

Here's the amphib they are heading for:
    bonhomme_richard_lhd6.jpg

One of our patrol boats providing security:
    patrol_boat.jpg

Me pretending to actually be doing something:
    cmdcm.jpg

It was a busy event but very fulfilling knowing that these Marines are now safely on their way home. Semper Fi Devil Dogs and God speed.

Be well,
    Doc

Don - glad to see you posting! Was wondering when we would hear from you! Be safe and Thanks to you and everyone out there with you for your service!

Great photos!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Good to see you Don!

Great pictures!

Stay safe!!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Doc,

It's always a pleasure to hear from you!

Stay safe my friend!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Excellent report Doc. I had wondered where you went...figured duty called. Thanks again for all you and your fellow soldiers do for us. Please know, and let them know, that we care! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Good to hear from you, Doc!!! Those are great photos, too...especially that last one with the nice grin.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Good to hear from you Don!!

Been waiting for some word from you so I could request that you send your snail mail address to me in a PM. I have a newspaper article about you last duty station you might be interested in.

Be safe

Jerry
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Glad to see you able to post Don. The picture with my old friend and occasional companion Ma Deuce brings back memories. Keep yourself safe. Remember that fear can be your friend.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Great to see you back, Doc.

Stay safe!