Thread: Sand Flee Sander Owners Help Needed…

Sand Flee Sander Owners Help Needed…

Sand Flee Sander Owners

I recently purchased a used 18’’ Sand Flee Sander still in the box that was never used. I have finally assembled it and mounted it on a table ready for use. But there lies the problem to install the sand paper you need to cut a strip of sandpaper to the correct length and angle. Also from what I read you can put two or even three different grits on the drum at once.

What I am looking for is to get a template of the correct length and angle for a single installation and a double and possible a triple if you actually can do a triple on an 18’’ drum. Is there someone out there than I can get a temple from for my needs.( just traced on paper is all I would need) The sander did not come with a instruction manual which I can only assume had a template in it to use for cutting the rolls of sandpaper to the correct length. I don’t want to cut the rolls of sandpaper wrong through trial and air or.

Thanks Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Can you download a manual on-line from Sand-Flee? Maybe they have templet info on-line at their website as well?

If you search for v drum sander, or stockroom supply, they have video's, showing their version. Those show how to cut and feed the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson View Post
    If you search for v drum sander, or stockroom supply, they have video's, showing their version. Those show how to cut and feed the paper.
    As far as installing it theres nothing to it. It’s just velcroed on but it the length and angle of each sheet that I need and the stock room version is not exactly the same as the Sand Flee. If I have to do some trial and air or I can but I thought if someone had one I could get a copy, It would make it a lot easier.

Thanks Richard
    Last edited by richard poitras; 02-09-2010 at 8:37 AM.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I have a sand flee...not sure about the model though...I'll check it out. If it is the 18" model (I believe it is) I'll send you a template. Just PM me your address....
    Wood is very beautiful in tree form. Wood is very useful in burning form. I merely try to make my work honor the first, avoid the latter, and aim for the middle: beautiful and useful.

Jeff PM sent ... and thanks
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006