Thread: for corel draw x3 gurus

for corel draw x3 gurus

I know how to make text follow a path but how do you get, say a line of shapes to follow a path? I have a customer that wants repeating card suit; hearts, clubs, diamonds and spades, to follow a path much the same way text follows a path. Any clues, I would appreciate the help. Thanks

Lake Tapawingo, a suburb of Blue Springs, a suburb of Kansas City, MO. The Kansas City you know is in Missouri.
    I bet there is a font with those symbols in it, give me a while and I will see what I can find.
    Tom Bull
    Epilog Legend, x3,X5, photograv, 30 year collection of misc. tools of all kinds.

Lake Tapawingo, a suburb of Blue Springs, a suburb of Kansas City, MO. The Kansas City you know is in Missouri.
    OK, not finding a font with them. But you could draw your own, export as a postscript or true type font. Will probably take a little trial and error to figure out all the nuances of using that command, but sure looks like it would work to create your own font of card suits.
    Tom Bull
    Epilog Legend, x3,X5, photograv, 30 year collection of misc. tools of all kinds.

Tom Bull

In x4 I have a docker called Insert Character and found the playing card characters. I inserted as text and it let me apply to a path just like other text. Hope that helps. It's in Text, then Insert Symbol Character.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Margaret Turco; 02-02-2010 at 10:38 AM.
    Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

Check this place they have a macro that does just that.

Ruben

thank you all

but I was also wondering how to do it with shapes that were also not a part of a test font. The font thing is simply fitting text to font and the exact shapes the customer wants are not in a font list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Honey and Coco
    Steve / Sandy Wallace
    Lasting Laser Impressions

FaceBook - search Steven Wallace; Epilog mini 18 - 35w, rotary tool, Corel X3, PhotoGrav 3.0

Steve

The link provided by Ruben does provides a macro to do what you want. Download the macro, open your drawing and activate the macro. That should get the job done.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks for the suggestions

I have a product that I think my customer my like.
    Steve / Sandy Wallace

FaceBook - search Steven Wallace; Epilog mini 18 - 35w, rotary tool, Corel X3, PhotoGrav 3.0

Thanks Ruben you solved my problem.
    Steve / Sandy Wallace

You're welcome Steve,
    I'm glad I was able to help.

Ruben