Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DadoMax

DadoMax

Anybody have any experience with this product from Woodline? The Woodworking Show is coming to Somerset, NJ in a couple of weeks and I am planning on picking one up. Thanks.

I have had one for about 3 years....excelent product ... buy it!

Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Quote Originally Posted by John F. Snyder View Post
    Anybody have any experience with this product from Woodline? The Woodworking Show is coming to Somerset, NJ in a couple of weeks and I am planning on picking one up. Thanks.
    I watched the video on it and it looks really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqZmQxEBCJQ

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post

Richard
    I thought it was a new jig, the way they showed it at the 2009 show was a NEW jig. I guess it maybe new for them.

Bill,
    Thanks for the link. I do not recall seeing this jig at last years Woodworking Show. It looks pretty good, now I have to decide to order one on-line or wait until Feb. 19 to get one in person.
    John

(I also enjoyed the Torque Center, pretty impressive).

I have had one for several years and it has been very helpful in cabinet making. It works extreamely well and I have no regrets for the purchase.

Roger

i got one at the last show works as good as they say love mine

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post

Richard
    John I am very sorry I miss read your question and thought it said Dowel Max... Iam bad.. I have never use this tool..

Sorry Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I also would be interested in any woodworkers who have used this.

Just to be clear. This is a DadoMax not a DowelMax.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Got one

I bought one at the last local show. The Dado Max is Woodlines take on the Dado Wiz which has been around a while. The Dado Max is slightly improved, allowing you to zero in your router a bit better.

Funny, because I went to that show with plans to buy a Dado Wiz, but they weren't there, and I just happened to come across the Dado Max as it was being demo'd.

I like it a lot, and am using it for some cabinet dado's right now. Be sure to get the DOWN cut spiral bit for it, it cuts prefinished plywood without tearout......in both directions, with the grain, and cross grain. I bought a 3/8 and a 1/4 bit.

PLEASE NOTE: They have package deals with their Blue Max clamp included. I bought it this way, and when I used the clamp a couple times it started to slip, and I ruined a couple cabinet sides this way. The clamp, like others of it's type, has fingers that ride on a steel rod. When you tighten it the fingers grip the rod with friction.

Here's the deal....the Blue Max clamp has plastic fingers. If you tighten a little too much they get divots in them and will slip.

Here's the solution....The Dado Max also fits my old Tru Grip clamps. They are the same size as the Blue Max clamps, and they are made in the USA, with steel gripping fingers.

The Blue max clamp package also includes a little right angle guide that you screw on the clamp. I am not impressed, and after several tries I quit using it, instead measuring both ends of the clamp.

I highly recommend the Dado Max and the bits, but I wish I had not bought the package deal.

Rick Potter
    Your mileage may vary.

PS: I called Woodline and talked to Wayne (owner) about the clamps. He sent me a set of innards for it. They had the same plastic fingers, and I didn't bother putting them on.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 02-02-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    I bought one at the last local show. The Dado Max is Woodlines take on the Dado Wiz which has been around a while. The Dado Max is slightly improved, allowing you to zero in your router a bit better.

Funny, because I went to that show with plans to buy a Dado Wiz, but they weren't there, and I just happened to come across the Dado Max as it was being demo'd.

I like it a lot, and am using it for some cabinet dado's right now. Be sure to get the DOWN cut spiral bit for it, it cuts prefinished plywood without tearout......in both directions, with the grain, and cross grain. I bought a 3/8 and a 1/4 bit.

PLEASE NOTE: They have package deals with their Blue Max clamp included. I bought it this way, and when I used the clamp a couple times it started to slip, and I ruined a couple cabinet sides this way. The clamp, like others of it's type, has fingers that ride on a steel rod. When you tighten it the fingers grip the rod with friction.

Here's the deal....the Blue Max clamp has plastic fingers. If you tighten a little too much they get divots in them and will slip.

Here's the solution....The Dado Wiz also fits my old Tru Grip clamps. They are the same size as the Blue Max, and they are made in the USA, with steel gripping fingers.

The Blue max clamp package also includes a little right angle guide that you screw on the clamp. I am not impressed, and after several tries I quit using it, instead measuring both ends of the clamp.

I highly recommend the Dado Wiz and the bits, but I wish I had not bought the package deal.

Rick Potter
    Your mileage may vary.

PS: I called Woodline and talked to Wayne (owner) about the clamps. He sent me a set of innards for it. They had the same plastic fingers, and I didn't bother putting them on.
    Rick ---Are you getting these confused? I think the last couple of times you said "Wiz" you meant "Max". True?

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Dan,

Yup, I mixed them up. I will correct it.

RP

Precision Router Dado Jig

Infinity Tools offers what appears to be a similar jig.

They call it the Precision Router Dado Jig, #PDJ-100.

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with it?

http://www.infinitytools.com/Precisi...tinfo/PDJ-100/

Thanks for all of the replies. I checked out the Infinity jig video and there seems to be one major difference when adjusting for the second pass (if necessary) on the dado. The DadoMax has an initial setting made off the shelf to be inserted in the dado and then the two passes are made with the guide sliding from one side to the other. With the Infinity, it seems that after making the first pass, you must take a measurement and then adjust the jig.
    Dan, thanks for the info on the Blue Max clamps.

Does anyone know what they cost at the show? I don't remember when Woodline runs their 15% off sale.

Quote Originally Posted by John F. Snyder View Post
    With the Infinity, it seems that after making the first pass, you must take a measurement and then adjust the jig.
    Yes, that is what I concluded also after watching their video. That little irritation would make me lean toward the Woodline DadoMax.