Thread: HF Router Table Plate Insert?

HF Router Table Plate Insert?

Any one have any experience with the $20 router plate from Harbor Fright? It looks like I have to mark and drill the holes myself--shouldn't be a problem. It seems all the name brand plates are $60+.... Or perhaps a better alternative is to just screw the router to some plywood for a quick solution until I get up the gumption to buy a Rockler plate. I appreciate any experience and advice.
    Last edited by Michael MacDonald; 01-22-2010 at 6:57 PM.

I used this plate to build my router table. It's actually a pretty nice plate, nice thick phenolic plastic, leveling screws at each corner. I haven't had any problems with mine, I'd use it again.

Do they carry this in the stores?
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=94331

James

I had one, fitted to an old Ryobi router. No sag, nice thick phenolic... It's what you can expect from a phenolic plate. Not the same level as an aluminum plate, but nothing to sneeze at either...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

5. Looks strikingly like my MLCS plate, for about $15 less or so. If it's anything like the MLCS plate, it'll be fine.

Did have to drill and countersink my own holes.. Stuff smells like cat pee when you drill it.. Ick.

yes... that link is the one I saw. I called a local store. The lady heard the first part of the part number and immediately told me it was an Internet-only product. I would rather look it in the eye before I buy it, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by James White View Post
    Do they carry this in the stores?
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=94331

James
    No. Mail order only.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Smile Hf router table insert

I am glad you asked this as i was looking at one myself.it is the same thickness as the woodcraft, rockler ones.if you can't buy it at the store.go there and look at their router table it has the insert in it so you can at least look at it. I am ordering one myself it looks nice in the store. Jack

Palos Hills, IL (southwestern suburb of Chicago)

I'm no expert but . . .

I ordered two--one for each router I use. That way I save much time from changing router bits. Be careful when you drill the holes. Use a sharp bit and don't force it much--it will chip out. I put a little wax in the leveling screws because at times they would vibrate out. Hope this helps. I know I will buy them again if needed. One of the few good products from the Harbor.

HF router plate

Michael,

I have one of these from HF. I also have an aluminum one from another supplier that is much more expensive. I have two routers mounted and have not been able to see any idfference in the operation/performance of either. I'd by another HF plate.
    Cut once, bandage twice!!

Good comments. I just ordered one.