Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bench Cookies

I got 8 of them for Christmas. I haven't used them yet but I think they will work great for their intended purpose.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

If you decide to make your own or refurb your actual BenchCookies find a techie friend that has old mousepads laying around. Scavenge as many as you can. They work great for the non-skid surface.

Brandon

I like mine. After being covered in dust they still grip. I can't say that about that foam router/sanding pad and tool chest drawer liners.

I am a fan of the bench cookies. I use them to plop stuff on and route or plane. They work great, even with a little dust on my bench... which I was surprised about actually.... I though they'd slip around in the dust.

Hockey Puck and tool box drawer liner from HF. However, the old mouse pad trick sounds better than drawer liner.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Henderson View Post
    Hockey Puck and tool box drawer liner from HF
    Is all that really worth it? Bench Cookies are only $3 each

I like the mousepad idea. Shape is optional, certainly doesn't have to be round. I think I'll make mine. I know they are only 3 bucks each but it sounds more economical to make. Plus, I can customize. One of an Engineer's favorite activities is redesigning!

I also found that they work quite well when dusty. I expected them to slip more once the sawdust got on them. I don't find the rubber to be a problem at all. They have been very stable for me. A little weight keeps them planted to the table very well. A router mat and working off the edge of the table is a big pain a lot of the time, constantly trying to reposition to avoid running into the table edge.

If you decide to make your own, you can get a 12 x 12" self adhesive rubber mat here for 6.99. You could make your cookies and more with that and not have to mess with the glue.

http://www.ptreeusa.com/shop_accessories.htm#2892