Thread: Where to buy replacement focus lens

Where to buy replacement focus lens

Does anyone know of or recommend a place to purchase a new 4" focus lens for my vytek 5151? Vytek wants $300 and I figured there has got to be a place that sells this for less. Thanks a mill!
    Vytek 5151 FXB 100W, Adobe CS5 (Illustrator + Photoshop), Photograv 3.0, Laserworx (signlab)

Quote Originally Posted by Zsolt Paul View Post
    Does anyone know of or recommend a place to purchase a new 4" focus lens for my vytek 5151? Vytek wants $300 and I figured there has got to be a place that sells this for less. Thanks a mill!
    I have used Laser Research Optics for many years. They are just bare lenses so you have to install them in the mount, but they run around $100 for 3/4" diameter.

Make sure you check which side the "bump," "dip" of "flat" is on the old lens so you can install the new one the same way up.

http: //www. laserresearch . net/

Remove the 4 spaces in that link.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Blog Entries
    FleaBay always has a handful of lenses for sale, though you may have more difficulty finding a 4".
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Thanks Dan! Wow, $165..almost half of what Vytek wanted...
    Vytek 5151 FXB 100W, Adobe CS5 (Illustrator + Photoshop), Photograv 3.0, Laserworx (signlab)

Dave how hard are they to change out?
    Al

40W MII W/Rotor
    Camaster Stinger III, Vectric Aspire
    Back up Vinyl cutter
    Roland 54" print/cut
    Laminator
    Strip heater
    Lasermaster 8.5, LXI Master Plus, Corel X4, Photograv, design shop pro
    Knight DC16, DK3 Mug Press, Hix HD400D, GX7000
    Embroidery
    Hot stamping

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Nix View Post
    Dave how hard are they to change out?
    It depends on the model of the laser. Often it is not much more than unscrewing the lens holder. There will probably be a plastic washer, the lens and another plastic washer. Do not over-tighten when putting in the new lens.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

A word of caution!!!!!!
    I was told that the lenses are made of or contain ZINC which can be hazardous if it gets on or in your skin. So if you have a cracked one be careful. I would probably wear surgical type gloves when handling them but ask the manufacturer/vendor what they recommend.

I have a 4" lens and it helps me in a lot of different situations. Mine was I think 375.00 plus shipping but it came already mounted and with a focus jig. This way I can swap from 1.5 to 4 in a minute or so.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kowalczyk View Post
    A word of caution!!!!!!
    I was told that the lenses are made of or contain ZINC which can be hazardous if it gets on or in your skin. So if you have a cracked one be careful. I would probably wear surgical type gloves when handling them but ask the manufacturer/vendor what they recommend.
    Well, they're Zinc Selenide (ZnSe), not pure zinc, but even so you have nothing to worry about. The worst you can do is get body oil on the lens and possibly screw up the anti-reflective coating. Perfectly safe to handle.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Vyteks Lens's Have to have a special tool to get the lens out of the holder. Then you just drop in a new lense and you are ready to go. If you need the complete holder Vytek is the only place to get them.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

Quote Originally Posted by James Stokes View Post
    Vyteks Lens's Have to have a special tool to get the lens out of the holder. Then you just drop in a new lense and you are ready to go. If you need the complete holder Vytek is the only place to get them.
    I do have an existing 4" and its own lens holder. I just scratched the lens and need to change it. I didn't realize you need a special tool for that.... What is this special tool? Is that also only available through Vytek?