Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HF DC Coupon - Need Help - Please Read

HF DC Coupon - Need Help - Please Read

I recieved this PM from a NEW member to the forum (Dec 2009).

QUOTE--
    Hi Robert,

I am new to the forum and in reading the discussion on HF's 2HP DC, came across your offer
    for mailing the coupon in Wood magazine's Oct/Nov issue.

Do you still have that and is your offer still open?

Thanks!

(removed name)
    P.S. We just moved to CT after buying our first house, so am eager to get started on woodworking.
    END QUOTE

As you can see this is a NEW Woodworked in a NEW home.

I mailed my HF coupon from the November issue of WOOD Magazine to another member in November.

Can anyone help with the coupon?
    Bob

I ordered a back issue of the magazine for $11. It comes in about 3 days. Got my dust collector Saturday.

As of last week, my local lowes still had two-packs of Wood magazine and a "best shop plans" supplement. The Wood issue that is/was in the two-pack is the Nov one with the chest on the front (I believe) and the HF ad in it has the DC coupon.

If you don't make mistakes, you don't learn.

-- Sam Maloof

Thanks for posting this, Bob!

Neeraj.

Thanks much, Mike! I'd read somewhere that HF does not accept any coupons except the originals but will give it a shot.

Neeraj.

Thanks Mike for stepping up to the plate.
    Neeraj, as long as the bar code can be scanned it should work.

But Gerry pointed you to another direction and you have lots of time to get a copy.
    $11 for $110 off regular is better then any bank.

But I can not believe that after 190 views in 19 hours and not one
    woodworker would mail you a copy as I did to another.

Hope you get your HF DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Malone View Post
    But I can not believe that after 190 views in 19 hours and not one
    woodworker would mail you a copy as I did to another.
    All I've got is an expired one. Doesn't really seem helpful to offer to mail that, does it?

I did what I could. Which was to tell the OP where a coupon might be found.

Neeraj, I have one from Popular Mech. It expires 1/8/10 PM me an address if you need it and I will overnight to you. I would think you'll have it on the 6th or 7th. I have the HF DC and am happy with it, last night I sent a 1/2" deep well socket into it, shut it down after it hit the impeller 4 times. Got a few small nicks/dents but after removing the socket it runs just fine. Good luck Pat

by the way it's a 20% off coupon...

I have the magazine open in front of me and the fine print on the bottom of the coupon says:

This coupon cannot be duplicated in any manner including photocopies and computer printouts. Original coupon must be presented in order to receive this discount.
    Whether or not HF is strict about that remains to be seen. If they are, PM me the pertinent information and I'll clip the coupon and mail it to you. It expires 2/6/10, so it has about a month of life remaining.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

Thanks Tom for correcting me and thank you Guys for being helpful.

12. I am traveling the next 3 days so won't be able to use it even if you overnight it. But thanks for the offer, Pat!

Neeraj.

harbor freight should take the printed dust collector coupon no problem.

the coupons they send out in emails have that same disclaimer on the bottom. theres obviously no original in that situation
    Last edited by Mike Gager; 01-06-2010 at 11:07 AM.
    If you don't make mistakes, you don't learn.

-- Sam Maloof

Quote Originally Posted by Pat O'malley View Post
    Neeraj, I have one from Popular Mech. It expires 1/8/10 PM me an address if you need it and I will overnight to you. I would think you'll have it on the 6th or 7th. I have the HF DC and am happy with it, last night I sent a 1/2" deep well socket into it, shut it down after it hit the impeller 4 times. Got a few small nicks/dents but after removing the socket it runs just fine. Good luck Pat

by the way it's a 20% off coupon...

How is your HF dust collector going? Are you using the Wein (sp) filters? I am looking for the lest expensive way to collect dust for my garage. I currently have nothing. Is the HF really good enough or should I pass and go with one of the big names???

Hi Jack, I'm very happy with it. It is my first DC so I don't have anything to compare it to. I bought a 1 micron bag off Amazon, and may upgrade to a Wynn filter sometime in the future. I would recommend it to others. Pat