Thread: Member List

Member List

Could we add the Location to the member list and make it a sortable field.

It would be nice to see the members that are in my area or in an area I am traveling to.

Thanks.....

Bill.

I understand your request but there is an issue of privacy. We can't add any personal information about an individual that they didn't provide during registration without their permission.

It would require custom programming to add the extra field and php editing to add it to the usercp as well. Currently our server admin is swamped with work, it could be another year before he has the opportunity to make the changes. Last but not least there is extra work involved when we upgrade vBulletin, all the custom hacks we install have to be installed manually after we upgrade to a newer version of vBulletin.

The upgrade to vBulletin 4 will be done after our new server install is complete, you will see major changes here as we move to the new publishing version of vBuletin.

We would like to see more people using the social groups feature here, this allows everyone to communicate with people in a geographic area and provides a means of arranging visits when people travel.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-20-2010 at 5:35 AM.

Thanks.....

There is always something that needs to be done with a BB, I know I ran one in the old days for 2 or 3 years.....

Keith, since my question kinda is in the same area, I was wondering if you could somehow ASK the members to place their location in their profiles so that the other members can help them out when they ask " Does anyone know where I could get this 1/2" widget?" We can't help if we don't know where they live. Obviously, someone from Georgia probably won't know where to get them in Oregon but a memeber from Oregon might...
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges

Michael,

I would be glad to ask but very few would read my request. The vast majority here go straight to the forum they frequent every day, they never look right, left or have any interest in an administrative post. From my perspective there is a lot here to enjoy, it is a shame that so many fail to take advantage of the information available from each of the woodworking groups here.