Thread: Tool upgrade recommendations for bandsaw and jointer

Tool upgrade recommendations for bandsaw and jointer

I got lucky enough to pick up a couple of new tools at killer prices. Gloat!!

Bandsaw Delta 28-276 - $150.00 at local Lowes
    Jointer Ridgid JP0610 - $165.00, close out at 199 but asked the manager for a deal!

I have read some of the threads on upgrades for these but I would like to get some opinions of what upgrade are most critical, cost, and where to purchase. I am not planning on spending a lot of money but I would like to know where to invest. (link belt, riser block, blade guides, blades/knives, etc).

Let me know your recommendations!

Quote Originally Posted by russ dennis View Post
    I got lucky enough to pick up a couple of new tools at killer prices. Gloat!!

Bandsaw Delta 28-276 - $150.00 at local Lowes
    Jointer Ridgid JP0610 - $165.00, close out at 199 but asked the manager for a deal!

I have read some of the threads on upgrades for these but I would like to get some opinions of what upgrade are most critical, cost, and where to purchase. I am not planning on spending a lot of money but I would like to know where to invest. (link belt, riser block, blade guides, blades/knives, etc).

Let me know your recommendations!
    Wow, good for you!! I usually don't use the 'S' word......so I won't

I checked recently. Local HD had the jointer still at 429 and wouldn't budge....just checked the local Lowes, and those that do have any still have it listed for full price (although I'm not sure if clearance items are only marked in store...)
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.