Thread: New Member Here

Wink New Member Here

New member here from Newton NC partnered with a buddy Kyle Edwards in Iron Station North Carolina. Woodmizer LT40 and Northland Kiln onsite. I have met a lot of guys through the years and yes, I finally quit being lazy and signed up...Look forward to talking to all you guys again, catching up, and meeting new friends....

See my profile for website and contact information.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 01-12-2010 at 11:47 PM. Reason: removed commerical link and contact information

Welcome to the Creek, Chris!
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

Thanks

Thanks Stephen...Man that was a fast welcome

Welcome to the Creek, Chris!

Wade right in....the water's fine.....

We like photographs!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Welcome to the Creek Chris!
    Great to have you aboard.

New

Thanks so much for the warm welcome I know a couple of guys off this site have been to my palce for turning blanks and lumber. Hope to make contact with those guys again soon... I have to tell you yes I did have your contact information and one bad email and poooof all your info is gone including a lot of important records...So now I have a externial hard drive as back up so I want loose them now....

Hey Neighbor, you managing to stay warm over in your neck of the woods? Welcome to SMC.

Scott

Scott. I tell you the ground is still frozen hard as brick, but hey I did take my jacket off for the first time today in 30 days...lol Kyle and I have been working hard on slabbing tons of stuff out and getting the shop and log yard organized....You wouldn't believe how much different it looks now.

SO how have things been with you buddy, have you been sawing alot lately?
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-13-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Chris, I'll have to stop by the next time that I'm over that way. Kyle's collection of slabs takes my breath away.

Not much milling in the past few weeks. I have a load coming out of the kiln next week (have some 20" QSWO boards in there), and so I'll start milling next week to have enough on hand to refill it.

I have a 50" RO on hand to mill, but may try to bring in some large WO logs instead. I think that I'm going to see about producing some flamed/feathered oak for this kiln run as well.

Tell Kyle that I said "howdy", and take care.

Scott

Welcome

Welcome. We need pictures.

Chris,

Welcome to SawMill Creek. You would be wise to read our Terms of Service as a new member to familiarize yourself with the rules of our Community.
    Several posts in this thread have been edited or removed.
    You can send me a Private Message if you would like information concerning banner advertising at SawMill Creek.

Welcome to the Creek. You're not too far from the furniture capital area. Lots of good wwer's in that area I'm sure. Lot's of us less than good ones here, but we're supported by some of the best around to give you help, support, advice and we'll try to cheer you up when you mess up. I lived in NC for a number of years, beautiful state.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Chris,

Welcome to SawMill Creek. You would be wise to read our Terms of Service as a new member to familiarize yourself with the rules of our Community.
    Several posts in this thread have been edited or removed.
    You can send me a Private Message if you would like information concerning banner advertising at SawMill Creek.
    Thanks, Keith. I was thinking to myself that this thread was looking a lot like an advertisement for the new member's business.
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

Don Thanks so much for the kind words, It alsways takes a little getting use to a new forum...It is hard to keep up with 8 different forums with all different logins and pws....lol.

I'm just trying to figure out what I nneed to do to be able to put pictures up like asked for above, and not get into to trouble....I know when I add some pictures people are going to ask how much, where you located, how do I contact you? I have sent the webmaster 3 contacts asking these questions and haven't received anything back...So i'm just throwing it out here and learning trail by fire....lol. I'm sure soon everyone will see we are some good guys just trying to help and go the extra mile to help everyone we can...I always remind myseld " Rome wasn't built over night" It takes time to gain trust and I know from years and years of doing this it will come...
    Last edited by Rob Russell; 01-14-2010 at 8:56 AM. Reason: Remove commercial content