Thread: Trouble with fonts

Trouble with fonts

So i have a job and they want me to use Engravers MT-Bold(western) for the font. I have Engravers Mt. I found out they were not the same thing, person came in to check the drawing berfore i ran the engraver and says to me..."hey thats not the right font". So i had him email me the font he used and the font he used was Engravers MT. I also had them send me a .cdr with the font on it. I erased my copy of the font and installed theirs then i opend their .cdr and i still get a message wanting to substitute font cause my computer dosent have it. I searched online for a free version of the font but i cant find any that match exactly. Does anyone here have that font? Im also not sure how he is using it and sent me it but its not right on my machine.
    Kern 150wat HSE 50x52 table.

If they sent you the file complete using MT bold just ask them to embed it in a PDF.

did you look in your windows font folder for the font?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

try usig the font navigator that comes with Corel. You will have better luck installing the font.

Mark
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Joe View Post
    I also had them send me a .cdr with the font on it. I erased my copy of the font and installed theirs then i opend their .cdr and i still get a message wanting to substitute font cause my computer dosent have it. I searched online for a free version of the font but i cant find any that match exactly. Does anyone here have that font? Im also not sure how he is using it and sent me it but its not right on my machine.
    Have them convert their text to curves and resend you the CDR file. That will eliminate all the problems.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Yeah i ended up haveing them turn the pic into a rasther as i didnt need the vector of it. Turns out all he did was make the font bold and that messed up the comps ability to recgonize it for some reason. He sent me same file that wasnt bold and i opened it just fine. Thanks everyone
    Kern 150wat HSE 50x52 table.