Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marine Corps Cube

bOXES

Could someone tell me what I need to set. I am trying to make boxes like the music box from the sample box from Epilog. Using 1/4 wood I would like to make a box 6x6x4in. deep Is there a way to do this? I tried dragging the sample but the fingers are way to long? I tried your box program Lee but there is not a top like the one I would need. I getting mixed up with the boxmaker and Lee's macro are these the same.And where did the cube come from? Thanks Robert
    Sandcraved Glassware, Stone and Tile
    Engraver of Coats of Arms
    Laser 60 W Xenetech XLT 2436 New Hermes IS400,7200 Glastar Mini, Scat Blast 6' cabinet.Tile saw. Corel X4 PotoGrave3 Adobe CS3,

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Rosensteel View Post
    I tried your box program Lee but there is not a top like the one I would need.
    So...what kind of top do you need?
    I getting mixed up with the boxmaker and Lee's macro are these the same.
    My 'macro' is a VBA program running directly under CorelDraw, while Boxmaker is a Java app running standalone. Vaguely similar controls, but no, not the same. I have no clue which came first, but mine was written in 2005 for Corel version 12.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Boxes

Hi Lee all I want to do is make the sample(EPILOG) box bigger by changing it to a 6x6x4with the same lid. I have tried by dragging the sample layout but the finger joints change. I not a wood worker not getting the kerf and how to change the joint size,if this is possible. tHANKS rOBERT
    Laser 60 W Xenetech XLT 2436 New Hermes IS400,7200 Glastar Mini, Scat Blast 6' cabinet.Tile saw. Corel X4 PotoGrave3 Adobe CS3,

Well that makes sense. I thought that only half the pieces were there. the two different widths through me off.
    I will try one soon.
    Thanks for the program and explanation.
    Jim J
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

excellent work James
    Machinaria M350 laser engraver
    CorelDRAW X3
    CorelDRAW 12
    PhotoGrav3

all I want to do is make the sample(EPILOG) box bigger by changing it to a 6x6x4with the same lid.
    I have not looked at the sample, but if you want it larger, you need to edit the nodes, To make it easier, you may need to turn your grid on in Corel and "snap to grid" and manually adjust each node to the size you want. Learning how to edit this will only increase your skill to work on countless other projects.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

boxes

Thanks Mike I will give it a try when I get back. Robert